Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @phake ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

If you would post your Poly Ticket reference I could check for the reason of closure.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks! It is Service Request: 1-12315008311

HP Recommended

1. Trio 8800 -- We updated one of our Trio 8800 to the latest version 5.9.0.11398 using the USB method. When we select the base profile as Microsoft Teams and phone restarts and shows the Microsoft Teams screen. But when I try to signing it shows 'Connecting...' on a screen which shows heading as 'Company Portal'. This 'Connecting...' screen remains for a very long time (more than 20 min) and then it comes back with the message that "Company Portal isn't responding. Do you want to close it..?". I was never able to get past this message. So I switched back to the 'Skype for Business' in the base profile.

2. Trio 8800 -- Post July 1st, 2019, the "Skype for Business Online Plans" will not longer be available to subscribe to so switched our plans to "Office-365 Business Essential" which supports Microsoft Teams. So given the challenges in above point, where we are not able to login into Microsoft Teams on our Trio 8800, will we have issues post July 1, 2019?

3. Trio 8800 -- With the Oauth 2.0 changes coming in Jan 2020, wherein all the communication will be happen via the Teams App (instead of SfB), For this to work, just updating the firmware to latest one be sufficient or do we actually need to set our base profile to 'Microsoft teams" for the phones to work with Microsoft Online plans?

4. VVX 300 -- We updated our VVX 300 phones to latest firmware, there we don't see an option for 'Microsoft Teams". Does that impact our phone past July 1, 2019? How do we login using Microsoft Teams on these VVX 300 phones.

Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Hello @VivekJain ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

1. The Trio is the only current Product that can run Native Teams mode and be an Audio Only device aka no Visual+ or VisualPro. If you cannot login into a Teams enabled account please work with our support team

2. I am not sure I understand the question and timelines provided. Only a Poly Trio has software that enables a User to sign into Teams.

3. OAuth has nothing to do with Teams. We will add OAuth to our software and make people aware of the fact via the release notes and post this in the community.

4. The VVX will never run native Teams. There is no Option for the VVX to select Teams and they will continue to work using the Microsoft 3PIP gateway

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank-you @SteffenBaierUK.

1. Thanks so much for the directions. I myself is actually the support team. In the Teams Administration Settngs I see that this phone's "Coexistance mode" is set as "Use Org-wide settings", I will try to switch that to "Islands" mode (though I don't really know what difference it would make).  I will do that during off peak time. The phone obviously is connected into the ethernet port correctly (since we have no issue logging with base profile of Skype for Business), only issue is why Teams Signin option not able to be bring me to the point where it asks for credentials and I be able to login the phone into Teams.
  2. My second question was about the communication from Microsoft about retiring of the Skype for Business Plan 2 and it talks about swithcing to plans which supports Microsoft Teams (please see note # 2 at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/skype-for-business-online-service-des... We had Skype for Business Plan 2 for our conference phones, now we swtiched to "Business Essentials". But since we are not able to login into Teams base profile on these Trio 8800, so wasn't sure if our conference phones would still work with base profile of "Skpe for Bsuiness" post July 1, 2019.
  3. Thank-you and got it now. Teams and OAuth 2.0 are not related. Earlier since the deadline dates for OAuth 2.0 and retiring of Skype for Business Plan 2 were both set as July 1, 2019, so I confused myself by assuming the interrelation. Hopefully, our conference phones will continue to work with base profile of 'Skype for Business' after we upgrade the firmware with OAuth 2.0 (once available).
  4. Same for VVX 300, they will continue to work with base profile of "Skype for Business" once we update the firmware with OAuth 2.0 (once available).

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I haven't set any Trio devices in Teams mode yet, but I believe these are the steps that need to be followed to correctly create a resource account for this purpose:

http://blog.schertz.name/2019/02/creating-microsoft-teams-rooms-accounts/

As far as the Trio not connecting when it has been switched to the Teams device profile, is it possible your network is blocking outbound communication? At a minimum I expect it needs to be able to connect to Microsoft's servers on UDP 123 (for NTP) and TCP 80/443.

Another thing to try might be to perform a factory reset per the instructions here:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-reset-Factory-default-my-Phones-confi...

(I don't actually know whether this still works when the device is set to use the Teams profile, or if it would switch back to the default profile.)

HP Recommended

Thank-you @rgsteele. Yesterday after changing the "Coexistence Mode" to 'Islands' I was able to connect and log into the Teams app on Trio 8800. But I think the day before the issue might not exactly be the coexistence mode setting, as now I can log into Teams even if I change the coexistence mode back to what it was originally. So possibly some temporary network problem the day before (or simply it takes some time to register the device in office 365 in Teams mode).

Thanks for sending the link in defining rooms, it will be extremely help in future. Earlier I had logged a ticket with Microsoft where Rooms from our On-premise were not reflected in Teams and they had suggested similar technique to define rooms through Powershell. The link you sent is much more elaborate.

On Trio 8800 with Teams, "to receive" the calls on we need to set the co-existence mode to "Teams Only", without this it always goes to voice mail without any notification on the device.

The only issue at this point with Teams on Trio 8800 is that it does not have the option of changing the 'Time Zone'. May be we need to do it somewhere in the Team Admin portal and not the device itself. May be we need to update the 'Location' for our IP addresses and then it might start to show the right time for our time zone.

Thank-you so much, rgsteele. Truly appreciate.

HP Recommended

Hi @VivekJain, good to know about the calls only coming through when the account is in "Teams Only" mode. That does make sense, as it matches the behavior for users on the desktop.

As far as the time zones, I believe you need to create and assign a Configuration profile in the Teams admin portal here: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/devices/configprofile

HP Recommended

Hello @rgsteele1,

Thanks for all the help !!

I tried creating a 'Configuration Profile' and for some reason when I assign that profile to my phone, then the status os assignment always stay in "Config Update Queued".  My device is always shown as 'Offlline' in Teams even though the actual device is able to receive and make calls. Please see attached screen shots. 

Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended
Seems like maybe your firewall is blocking communication from the device to Microsoft’s servers. Check that none of the ports, IP addresses or URLs listed at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges are being blocked.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.