Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business on Trio 8800 at the same time?

SOLVED
acp
Visitor

Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business on Trio 8800 at the same time?

Hello,

Recently the company I work for has been transitioning the business to using MS Teams instead of Skype.  Part of this move is setting up our Trio 8800s to function with Teams as well.  In the settings of the 8800, you can choose from several different profiles, one of which sets the device to work with Teams and the other which sets the device to work with Skype.  The downside of these is both of the profiles is only compatible with one of the communication software.  I cannot find a way to make the device receive both Skype calls and Teams calls.  It seems to exclusively be one or the other.  Is there anyway to do this?  Alternatively, if this is not possible on the Trio 8800, is there any other alternative product which does have this functionallity.

Thanks,

Adam

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business on Trio 8800 at the same time?

Hi Adam,

confirm, there is no way to use the Teams profile with any other profile at the same time, in other word there is no way to use the Hybrid configuration that is commonly used with SfB Profile on the first line and Open SIP connections on the others lines.
Regards

Luca

Message 2 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @acp ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Our Partner Microsoft will not allow the Trio to be paired with for example a Visual+ in Teams mode.

Teams Mode on Trio has to run on its own as an Audio only device.

You cannot hybrid register any Poly device at the same time to Teams and Skype for business but you should look at the Poly RealConnect functionality as this may be what you are after.

Please work with a Poly sales engineer as this is free for now and enables you to protect your investment.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 6
acp
Visitor

@Luca Vitali

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you know if there is any other hardware that does suppor this, Polycomm or otherwise.  Or is it just the two pieces of software use different methods of communication that is incompatible with one another.

Message 4 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @acp ,

we, Poly, do not offer any other product and are tied down by Microsoft.

Microsoft only allows very specific devices to connect to Teams. The Poly Trio solution of utilizing a 2nd (or more) device(s) for the Video Solution is not on Microsoft's Roadmap. 

A mix of Teams and Skype for Business is not on Microsoft's Roadmap.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 6
Advisor

A device running Teams can receive a call from a Skype for Business user if everything is set up correctly (i.e. if you are currently using SfB on prem, you have configured hybrid mode). Can you give us more details about your setup?

Message 6 of 6