Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Migrating to Skype for Business Online with Cloud PBX

Occasional Visitor

Migrating to Skype for Business Online with Cloud PBX

Hello,
We have about 500 polycom CX600 in our environment. We are migrating from on premise Lync 2013 to Skype for business online. In the process we will be changing the primary login, our current setup is not integrated with AD and has separate login. Now when we move to SFB online we will be using ADFS login to sign in. Techincally it will be new login for users, however SIP ID or email address to login will remain same. Is there a way to avoid relogin to the 500 of our CX600 phones?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Migrating to Skype for Business Online with Cloud PBX

Hello @Ketan,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® or Skype® for Business devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Please try here

But please be aware that announced changes to the TLS security mean that later this year the CX devices will no longer work with Office 365 online so you may want to start looking for a replacement. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2