Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We're on VVX 600's using Skype for Business Preview (PSTN).

When a user misses a call, Polycom sends Outlook an e-mail notification, but the formatting is odd.  It's in e-mail format, so the users cannot click the number to re-dial the caller:

------------------

Missed call from +15555555555@mydomain.com

+15555555555@mydomain.com

IM:  +15555555555@mydomain.com

Email:  +15555555555@mydomain.com

------------------

Is there a way to control this formatting so that the format is:

------------------

Missed call from +15555555555

+15555555555

IM:  +15555555555@mydomain.com

Email:  +15555555555@mydomain.com

------------------

Or something similar?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Jim,

The mised call notification is generated by Skype not the Polycom phone.  I would suggest opening a ticket with Microsoft. 

You can change what the phone displays using the below to turn off URL dialing. 

Turn off URL dialing  

feature.urlDialing.enabled="0"
HP Recommended

Interesting - below the Missed Call details is a blue-grey bar and then "Polycom".  Does Skype know it was a Polycom phone that missed the call?

HP Recommended

FYI, we also believe we get missed call emails directly from the Polycom VVX phones (vvx 410 with 5.4.0A as well as earlier UC versions).  In fact, under certain circumstances, users receive 2 missed call emails for each missed call.  One of them has a footer the reads "Skype for Business" and the other has a footer that reads "Polycom".  This tends to happen when a user is logged into a VVX phone and does not have BToE activated.

HP Recommended

Maybe it is comming from the phone then(that could be problmatic).  Disabling URL dialing should remove the domain part ofthe URI from the CID.

Is the caller ID on the screen in the same format?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Phone communicates with Exchange in order to syncronise the call logs.

Please ensure you report this back to Microsoft as we passed the 3PIP qualification with our Partner.

In addition I have also alerted the relevant product managers within Polycom.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Where do I set that feature on the phone?  Or is it only through the web interface?

HP Recommended

Hello Jim,

There is no setting on the phone unless I am miss understanding you.

Microsoft certified the VVX Phones using UC Software 5.4.0A and all features where passed.

If this feature does not work for you as you would expect it I suggest you provide me with your Phones MAC Address so I can point you to the Polycom reseller who sold the unit and in addition open a Ticket with Microsoft Support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I was able to recreate this through a lab enviroment. If you log out of the client but are still logged into the phone, the missed call notification will have a Polycom signature on the bottom.

But I'm encountering some strange notifications as well. When a boss has multiple delegates, the delegates are receiving a email from the Polycom stating "A call for you was answered by <insert bosses name here>" Now this part I cannot recreated and cannot figure our why these email are being sent to the delegates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.