Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I have problem with all my VVX 411 Skype for Business IP phones.

When I want to forward all incoming calls and choose the "Forward" button, I immediately have the screen which allow me to choose where to forward the call ("Disable call forwarding", "Forward to a contact", "Forward to voicemail", ...)

That's quite strange and very problematic because with these options, I am unable to configure the "No answer forward" or "Busy forward", only the "Immediate forward"

I already saw the needed menu on VVX youtube videos (as shown in the 2nd image) but I dont find how to enable them on my phones.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks a lot,

Jonathan

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that we are using firmware version 5.8.1

HP Recommended

Hello @JoLanwks ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

UC Software 5.8.1 is no longer supported. You should be using 5.9.3 or 5.8.5 if you need to stay on 5.8.x

In addition, these forwarding options depend on the mode the phone is in. You may have seen a Video of a phone in openSIP mode.

Using Skype for Business on a VVX phone may offer certain methods of forwarding based on the account being used.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK

Thank you for your fast response.

I'll upgrade my firmwares soon.

I understand that there's  2 phone mode : Skype or Generic (openSIP).

When I switch to openSIP, indeed, I found the 3 forwarding methods in the menu.

My question : Is that possible in Skype mode as configuring the no answer destination is a basic feature of S4B? Or is it impossible when I use a Polycom VVX 411 phone, which would be a very serious problem in our case ?

Best regards,

Jonathan

HP Recommended

Hello @JoLanwks ,

the forwarding options are based on what the Skype for Business client can do.

There is no official Busy forward and to my personal knowledge, this either requires a 3rd Party plugin or a software upgrade on the Microsoft end.

The features offered by the phone are working as we designed the UI and tested and certified by Microsoft via their 3PIP program.

The Sub Option of unanswered calls after a certain period is only possible via the Skype for Business client.

A change to this would require a feature request as outlined here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.