Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Missing forwarding type screen on VVX 411

Occasional Visitor

Missing forwarding type screen on VVX 411

Hello All,

I have problem with all my VVX 411 Skype for Business IP phones.

When I want to forward all incoming calls and choose the "Forward" button, I immediately have the screen which allow me to choose where to forward the call ("Disable call forwarding", "Forward to a contact", "Forward to voicemail", ...)

That's quite strange and very problematic because with these options, I am unable to configure the "No answer forward" or "Busy forward", only the "Immediate forward"

I already saw the needed menu on VVX youtube videos (as shown in the 2nd image) but I dont find how to enable them on my phones.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks a lot,

Jonathan

4 REPLIES 4
Occasional Visitor

Re: Missing forwarding type screen on VVX 411

I forgot to mention that we are using firmware version 5.8.1

Message 2 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @JoLanwks ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

UC Software 5.8.1 is no longer supported. You should be using 5.9.3 or 5.8.5 if you need to stay on 5.8.x

In addition, these forwarding options depend on the mode the phone is in. You may have seen a Video of a phone in openSIP mode.

Using Skype for Business on a VVX phone may offer certain methods of forwarding based on the account being used.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hello @SteffenBaierUK

Thank you for your fast response.

I'll upgrade my firmwares soon.

I understand that there's  2 phone mode : Skype or Generic (openSIP).

When I switch to openSIP, indeed, I found the 3 forwarding methods in the menu.

My question : Is that possible in Skype mode as configuring the no answer destination is a basic feature of S4B? Or is it impossible when I use a Polycom VVX 411 phone, which would be a very serious problem in our case ?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @JoLanwks ,

the forwarding options are based on what the Skype for Business client can do.

There is no official Busy forward and to my personal knowledge, this either requires a 3rd Party plugin or a software upgrade on the Microsoft end.

The features offered by the phone are working as we designed the UI and tested and certified by Microsoft via their 3PIP program.

The Sub Option of unanswered calls after a certain period is only possible via the Skype for Business client.

A change to this would require a feature request as outlined here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5