Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just picked up a really odd problem with a new batch of VVX410 and 500 phones. We connected these into an existing SfB installation and started to use them but quickly got a lot of complaints from users not able to make calls. Investigating further, we found that the issue is the inability to get a call to connect to SfB app running on Windows 10 for mobile. Yes, it's that specific! Call from the phone to another desk phone works fine. Call from the VVX phone to a PSTN number works fine. Call into the VVX phone from other phones works fine. Call from Windows 10 mobile to VVX and no voice channel. Swap out phone for an earlier phone, exactly the same model with same firmware and everything works just fine.

So to check everything out, I performed a re-flash of the firmware, going to 5.4.5 (5.4.0 was factory issue) and then testing and same problem. Performed a factory reset and reconfigured again. Same problem. Performed a full reformat and reflash to 5.4.0 and test again. Same problem. Mirror the exact same funnction on an older VVX phone and everything always worked perfectly.

It gets even more odd! Call from a VVX phone to SfB app on Apple 6s IOS 10.1.1 and everything works fine. It's only calls to Microsoft SfB app on Windows mobile that's the issue. SfB app on PC signed in under same user works fine so it is most definitely a problem with the Polycom phones in this batch. I have about 30 phones just received all with the same problem.

Reseller is raising a ticket with Polycom to kick off a support so hopefully they will jump on this. Anyone else seen this problem?

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever solve your mistery => here <= ?

Please get the new issue into support as quick as possible but you should also try UC Software 5.5.1

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Yes and no to resolving previous problem; this was related to a c_non driver. It seems that it broadcast a message and then every polycom responded to it. Once we wiresharked the net and watched we could see the original single broadcast packet and then hundreds of responses one from each phone. We replaced the c_non driver which was on one user's laptop with the latest version and the packet storm went away immediately.

Ticket in progress for the VVX phones now...

Just tried 5.5.1 and the phone won't sign-in gets stuck at 'signing in' forever

Matt

HP Recommended

update...

5.5.1 now signs in after I imported our root CA. Same problem though. Won't talk to MS Windows Mobile SfB app.

HP Recommended

Ah ha!!!! We have a solution to the mobile calling problem.....

So, this is really odd. It is completely down to the CA certificates and it only affects the new phones.

On an old phone I have version 5.4.0 FW installed and this works well and reliably. I do not need to install any root certificates, it signs in ok and calls all work without any problems. Calls to windows mobile SfB app work.

On a new phone, version 5.4.0 FW installed, the phone signs in ok and can make calls but not to windows mobile. Upgrade the FW to 5.5.1 and the phone cannot sign in and I see 'Server certificate verification failed, Untrusted Certificate' in the debug log. So I install the CA root certificate in settings, network, TLS and add our root auth to the application CA1. Now the phone signs in and all the calls work ok including calls to windows mobile.

So, I back rev the phone to 5.4.0 again and test. Sure enough, calls to windows mobile fail again. Install CA auth certificate again and bingo, calls connect.

It would appear then that something has happened in the new hardware releases that enforces the need for the root auth certificate but this is only used when calling windows mobile clients. How odd!

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.