Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

No way to admit caller to Teams meeting call on VVX?

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

No way to admit caller to Teams meeting call on VVX?

VVX (various - 601, 411, 311, 401, etc.. - all exhibit this behavior)

FW 5.9.3

Microsoft Teams-only org.
Microsoft Phone system, calling plans, and audioconferencing licenses applied. 

Teams meeting created, invites sent out. Meeting attendees receive email including the PSTN call-in number. Meeting organizer using Polycom desk phones per above.

Meeting organizer "Joins" his meeting on his Polycom desk phone. When attendees external to the organization call-in using the conference PSTN # supplied, the organizer sees them listed on his phone screen as waiting to be admitted, and those callers on their end are on hold waiting to be admitted to the meeting, however, there doesn't seem to be any way for the organizer to actually admit the callers via the VVX interface - you can highlight the callers' names, select them, but there is no soft-button or any other way I can determine to admit them which leaves them in a permanent state of waiting in lobby until they hang up.

Could not find anything in the FAQ or documentation about this. Does anyone know how to admit a caller into a Teams meeting from the "lobby"?

TIA,

Bob

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: No way to admit caller to Teams meeting call on VVX?

Hello @rmanjoney ,

is this the same customer that had the 2-way audio issue => here <= or is this a new question / different customer?

If it is the same could you share how this was fixed?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 9
Occasional Advisor

This is a different customer, a new issue, and for all I know completely unrelated to any other questions I've previously posted or am currently working on. 

Message 3 of 9
Polycom Employee

I don’t believe this will be possible.  The VVX (and Trio) software does not currently include the ability to admit a participant from the lobby among the available conference controls when directly connected to a Skype for Business meeting.

Yet, even if that capability could be added to the phone's software it likely would not work when joining a Microsoft Teams meeting as that is not listed as a supported feature in the Skype for Business Online to Teams audio gateway:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Skype-for-Business-Certified-IP-Phone...

-
Jeff Schertz - Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]
Message 4 of 9
Advisor

Message 5 of 9
Polycom Employee

You are correct, I didn't realize we had added that into UCS.  I just tested it and it works with a Skype meeting, but not in a Teams meeting, as I suspected.  In a Teams meeting the attendee in the lobby will be shown as a regular participant and not designed as in the lobby like it is during a Skype meeting.  This is likely due to Microsoft's SIP audio gateway not supporting that capability between SfB qualified phones and Teams meetings.

-
Jeff Schertz - Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]
Message 6 of 9
Frequent Advisor

We have turned off the lobby feature enterprise wide as a default - do you actually need it in your use case?  It can still be tweaked manually on individual meetings if necessary.

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. Needed? Sometimes it's very useful to keep people out until certain attendees have joined and been briefed - that's the typical use case for this client. I guess disabling it will have to be the workaround for this issue until we replace their phones.

Message 8 of 9
Advisor

If they have access to a desktop or mobile device, they can join the meeting with the Teams client for the sole purpose of admitting meeting participants and still use the VVX for the voice component.

Given that the participants in the lobby do show up in the list, the fact that you cannot admit them to the meeting may in fact be a bug, so it might be worth opening a ticket with Office 365 support about this.

Message 9 of 9