Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

O365 Hot Desking

Advisor

O365 Hot Desking

To confirm as I understand from the Hot Desking FAQ, Hot Desking is currently not supported when using O365 as your Cloud PBX?  This is why Guest is not showing up as an option on my Skype for Business Base Profile?  Thanks for the clarification! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: O365 Hot Desking

Hello @STRiCT,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Dec 15, 2017 Question:Do Polycom Phones support Hot Desking?

Resolution: Since 5.7.0 this feature is supported on VVX Business Media phones as shown => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

The above FAQ lists this as a current restriction when using Office 365

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Advisor

Do you know if support for O365 Hot Desking is on any development roadmap?  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Aug 09, 2016 Question:Why can Polycom not discuss future software Versions within the Community?

Explanation:Polycom, as a US based company, cannot share any future release dates or new features due the requirement of a non disclosure agreement / NDA prior to this.Via the medium of a community forum we are unable to do this.

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4