Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

PTT Display Name

SOLVED
Highlighted
Advisor

PTT Display Name

Is there anyway to get the Skype Name for the PTT pagemode display name?  The VVX500 logs into Skype however in doing so reg.1.display name remains null (I guess).  It has no value when I export the configuration file.

according to the documentation, ptt.pageMode.displayName will use reg.1.displayname.  I guess I expected it to show my name, since after logging into Skype, the VVX500's display shows "Keith Thomas" as line 1.

Any thoughts?

UC 5.4.4

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: PTT Display Name

Hello ,KeithT

The reg.1.useteluriAsLineLabel="1" Parameter automatically populates your line name if used running LYNC Base Profile.

In order to manually override this you would need to set reg.1.useteluriAsLineLabel="0" to chose your own name which also would reflect your PTT name if using reg.x.displayName or using ptt.pageMode.displayName.

Therefore this is working as designed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hello KeithT,

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Did you try and populate the parameter manually?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Advisor

ooops VVx500 5.4.4.3041

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Did you try and populate the parameter manually?

----------------

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Advisor

Sure, setting the value manually works.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Hello ,KeithT

The reg.1.useteluriAsLineLabel="1" Parameter automatically populates your line name if used running LYNC Base Profile.

In order to manually override this you would need to set reg.1.useteluriAsLineLabel="0" to chose your own name which also would reflect your PTT name if using reg.x.displayName or using ptt.pageMode.displayName.

Therefore this is working as designed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6