Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Password Protect Basic Settings - TRIO 8800

Frequent Advisor

Password Protect Basic Settings - TRIO 8800

Is there a way to password protect or hide the basic settings on a TRIO 8800?

Primarily looking to restrict user access to call rate.  We provision the call rate but users could change it, which they have.

UC Software Version 5.5.3.3517

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Respected Contributor

Re: Password Protect Basic Settings - TRIO 8800

Hi @

I don´t think you can PW protect that menu, but maybe hiding this setting is an option for you?

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Customization-of-the-Home-Screen-on-a-Polycom-R...

Message 2 of 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Sean.Stanley66,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Aug 13, 2015 Question:Can access to the Phones Basic settings menu be restricted?

Resolution: UC Software 5.4.0 added the new up.basicSettingsPasswordEnabled="1"Parameter to prompt for a Password.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Steffen.

Can anyone verify this works on a TRIO 8800? (5.5.3.3517)

I pushed this setting to my lab TRIO but there is an error showing in the Settings - Status - Platform - Configuration.

I didnt see any dependencies when looking at this command via the admin guide.  I havent had a chance to dig deep just yet.

Thanks

Sean

Message 4 of 8

Hello @Sean.Stanley66,

I literally just imported the unzipped CFG file I attached and get prompted for a Password when trying to access the Basic Menu on a Trio running the current 5.7.1.4133 Rev AB release.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 8
Frequent Advisor

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for testing.  Did you upload an actual CFG file attachment that I missed?

I dont see one, sorry.

Thanks

Sean

Message 6 of 8

attached

Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Steffen.  The CFG file has the exact same command I'm pushing.

Let me reset my TRIO and start with defaults, then load your config.

I will mark your reply as the solution if this works.

Thanks

Sean

Message 8 of 8