Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom Support,

I recently purchased a few Poly CCX 500s for the ability to make use of the Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams profiles.

I am able to log into the Microsoft Teams profile just fine but am unable to log into the Skype for Business profile.

After entering my credentials, it will endlessly show Fetching user certificate and then flash Authentication in progress very quickly before going back to Fetching user certificate, and this will go on for around 5 minutes before it gives up.

I have tried all of the available sign in options, User Credentials, Via PC, Web Sign-in, and BTOE (version 4.3.0.0), but have always been unsuccessful..

I have also tried assigning a static IP address rather than DHCP but that didn't help either.

I've even used a secondary login from another organization in an attempt to log in.

As I am sure you are aware, it also shows Beta software while in the Skype for Business profile.

I am curious if this is occurring for anybody else at the moment or just me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @SPetersen 

quite sure this is posted elsewhere but did you check >here<?

• Poly & Microsoft support of Skype for Business is not yet available, as Microsoft certification is pending for this release & due to complete soon.

Microsoft is still blocking the User Agent. Once this is corrected I will post an announcement.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @SPetersen ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Is this Skype for Business on Premise or Skype for Business online?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

We are using Skype for Business Online.

HP Recommended

Hi @SPetersen 

quite sure this is posted elsewhere but did you check >here<?

• Poly & Microsoft support of Skype for Business is not yet available, as Microsoft certification is pending for this release & due to complete soon.

Microsoft is still blocking the User Agent. Once this is corrected I will post an announcement.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing that out to me.

I look forward to once that is completed.

HP Recommended

Do we know when the non beta version of the firmware will be released?  We are looking at purchasing phones and want to avoid purchasing any more VVX phones and move to the CCX as good preparation for an eventual move to Teams.

HP Recommended

HI Steffen 

Any news on this blocking of the User agent?

Many Thanks

Iain 

HP Recommended

Hello @iain.bailey , @SPetersen  and @PaulDietrich 

Microsoft finally updated their CVC rules which should now allow the CCX phones to register to Skype for Business online.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Good Morning,

We are experiencing this issue and use SfB on prem. Has there been anymore traction on this?

HP Recommended

Hello @Adrian Friesen ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Without any details on the currently used software version and potentially any logs its hard to assume what the issue could be.

Have a look at the FAQ post's to get some hints.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.