Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a client with a Polycom CX5500 and it appears the touchscreen doesnt appear to be working.  We think the hardware may have failed but we are doing some intial troubleshooting.  We have tried a factory reset.  We tried updating the firmware.  The volume buttons work but nothing else on the device's touchscreen appears to be working.

The current firmware installed on our troubled CX5500 is: 1.2.3-70255

SN 426E22

I'm curious if anyone has ran into this issue before.  I believe the unit is out of warranty.  Any recommendations on how to proceed?

Thanks

-Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

This unit was sold back in 12/2014 via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS

The only option that I am aware is an RMA

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Hello matt,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This is not the full serial of the device. It usually starts with a 82

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

How about this.

821450426E22DA

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

This unit was sold back in 12/2014 via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS

The only option that I am aware is an RMA

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

Any solution on this? I also facing the same issue. I was done RMA for buttom box and table too, upgraded the firmware to 1.3.2-120025  but still the same.

Anyone got the solution?

HP Recommended

Hello Myat,

Did this only happen after the RMA or prior to it?

Please get this into support so we can analyze this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen Baier,

Faced the problem before RMA, then raised the ticket to Polycom and Support advise to do RMA. RMA unit also the same.

Actually we have done RMA for both table top and base station but no luck.

Regards,

Myat Min 

HP Recommended

Hello Myat,

Please get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen Baier,

I am not end customer, I can raise the support ticket. You may check the ticket as well.

(Service Request Detail : 1-7186662661). RMA (SBL833500).

I have no idea how to solve the issue.

Regards,

Myat Min

HP Recommended

Hello Myat,

this is in APAC and the original error was:

"Flashing amber LED on mute button and LCD is not responsive after software upgrade"

As mentioned either re-open the old ticket and work with the support team in APAC so we can get this into Engineering and troubleshoot this issue and fix this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.