Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom $Tconsult$ music on hold not playing

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Polycom $Tconsult$ music on hold not playing

Hello dear Polycom Community!

I have tested the new $Tconsult$ macro in a Boss/Admin scenario within a Skype for Business environment. The macro works as expected, but on problem was, that there is no music on hold playing during the Admin calls the Boss and the caller is set on hold. I am just hearing signal noise. 

I have tested the Boss/Admin scenario with an internal Skype Call, as well as Calls from an external number. Just for your information, if I call an internal number from the VVX and set this call on hold at the VVX, MoH is playing. Otherwise, if I call an external number from the VVX and set the call on hold at the VVX, MoH is not playing.

I have used a VVX400 and a VVX411 phone with the Software Version 5.9.1.0615

You will find the backup of the admin phone attached.

Thanks
Hannes

1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom $Tconsult$ music on hold not playing

Hello @Hannes ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Unlike a traditional PABX Microsoft Skype for Business expects each End Point to provide the MoH. In the case of an Internal call the Polycom VVX would send this.

If the call is via a PSTN Gateway the phone would usually expect the Gateway to do this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2