Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio 8800 - Disable Off Hook Auto Dialling

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Polycom Trio 8800 - Disable Off Hook Auto Dialling

Hey, 

So I am having issues with Polycom Trio 8800 (5.5.2.11338) auto dialling too quick when users are entering a number off hook. I want to disable this completely. 

We have the Trio device using SfB online accounts with a mircosoft PSTN assigned number. All our devices are managed by Polycom Resource Manager.

I have tried the following config no avail

call.autoOffHook.1.enabled=0

dialplan.1.lyncdigitmap.timeout="0"

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Polycom Employee

Re: Polycom Trio 8800 - Disable Off Hook Auto Dialling

hi Lewis,

Trio 8800 has a default value of 4 seconds, which could be too short for the entire phone number or URI-dialing to be completed. Use the following settings :

dialplan.userDial.timeout="0"

Value "0" will stop the timeout from being used and will cause the Trio 8800 to never timeout on dialing and will require the "Send" key to send the outbound call. However, this value can be adjusted between 0-99 (seconds).
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 9
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I will test this and let you know how I get on. 

Cheers :)

Message 3 of 9
Occasional Contributor

Hi Karthik, 

I have tried those settings and still have had no luck. The device is still dialling out after 4 seconds!

Is this potentially a bug on the latest firmware?

Cheers

Message 4 of 9
Polycom Employee

hi Lewis,

I believe at this point this would require detailed log analysis and investigation . I suggest opening up a Service Request with us for further analysis.

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 9
Occasional Advisor

Hi Lewis,

we encounter the same issue like you with the timeout.

As we already disabled the timeout in the past there seems to be some change through some of the latest firmware releases.

Did you solve the issue in the meantime ?

Regards,

Tobias

Message 6 of 9
Occasional Visitor

Apologies for digging this thread up again, but I have had the same request from our users.

Can someone please explain how to change the setting?

Our phone is connected to Office365, so there is no "server side" that we have access too.

Can the setting just be made on the local phone, and if so how?

Many thanks in advance

Message 7 of 9
Occasional Advisor

I'm seeing a similar issue.  I am on o365 and tried using the following:

dialplan.userDial.timeout="0"

Still auto dials after 4 or so seconds of pausing.

Message 8 of 9
Visitor

Did someone succeed to find a solution regarding this issue?

Message 9 of 9