Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Equipment

Polycom Trio 8800 w/ Visual+

Ploycom Trio 8800 w/ VisualPro

Software Versions

Trios and Visual+ - 5.9.0.11421

Updater Signature - Release

VisualPro - 6.1.9.500016

If I need to restart the Polycom Trio with Visual+, for example, when the phone logs back in, and as the Trio+ boots up, the Polycom Trio will pair with another conference room untilthe Visual+ is back up and running.

So we are piloting two Polycom Trio 8800s and a Visual+ on one and a Visual Pro on the other. I reboot the Trio 8800 with Visual+, the trio will boot up and log in pretty quickly, and then it pairs with the Visual Pro in the other conference room until the Visual+ is back online.

Anyway to prevent this?

Also, can we remove the video that is in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen until a conference call is made? Some employees don't like that camera showing them on the TV when they are not in an actual conference call.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Kevin_A ,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

What you describe would need some backup or some sort of files/logs from your server so we could see why it would have been paired prior to this.

Someone must have done this as the Trio would not automatically pair to a random device.

For your 2nd question I can only outline our FAQ again and also our Knova knowledge base:

Mar 31, 2017 Question: Customize the Trio Self View in Idle state or during a call?

Resolution:Please check => here <=

In case you need support please follow this:

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Kevin_A ,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

What you describe would need some backup or some sort of files/logs from your server so we could see why it would have been paired prior to this.

Someone must have done this as the Trio would not automatically pair to a random device.

For your 2nd question I can only outline our FAQ again and also our Knova knowledge base:

Mar 31, 2017 Question: Customize the Trio Self View in Idle state or during a call?

Resolution:Please check => here <=

In case you need support please follow this:

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Would this remove the video on the main screen prior to a conference call?

video.localCameraView.callState

HP Recommended

Sorry. I literally typed the above comment and you had submitted yours. I will have the one device "forget" the other. I'm sure I had them paired up to both units at one point during my testing prior to piloting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.