Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, we recently started using Skype for Business and 2x Polycom Trio 8800 conference phones. I run an update on the device Web UI to obtain the latest firmware (5.5.4.2255) and the phone works just fine. Not long after, I get prompted on the Trio screen to perform a "device update". It then downgrades the device to an older firmware version (5.5.2.11217) which then causes device issues. How can turn OFF these device upgrade (downgrade) prompts on the Trio screen? Is it a PowerShell command or something I can do on the device? 

Cheers
Brett

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Brett,

take a look in the FAQs here, you will find the answer to your question.

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/FAQ-Skype-for-Business-frequently-asked-question...

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:For LYNC please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.