Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I purchased the trio 8800 colaboration kit in september and have had numerous problems with the setup.

Originally it was purchased as a generic version and set up this way, however the VOIP provider locked down the phones firmware and used a version that messed up other features.

The unit was purchased to have a video conference line and also a hosted PBX line for standard voice calls so i changed the base profile over to Skype for Business and added an alternative VOIP supplier. So line 1 Skype for Business and Line 2 Hosted online VOIP PBX.

What i found was that it wouldnt work with both options as when i did i voice call on the handset i could see that the skype for business icon on my mobile said i was on a call. I could sign into skype for business on the unit but couldnt make voice calls or receive Skype calls.

Then the voice calls would stop working after a few minutes, change the port number to something randon and again it would work for a few minutes, but not Skype and voice at the same time.

Its had numerous config changes and resets and still several months later doesn't work.

Im told that the SFB and hosted PBX lines is not a standard setup and so need to pay for configuration changes as this is not covered in the the Gold support i was forced to sign up for.

Can it work with both a Skype for Business and a hosted PBX line or not and if so why does it work for a short time on voip and then stop?

I did purchase this as a generic model and changed it to Skype for business in the base profile. I was told i needed i licence to run it as Skype but how do i get this as my supplier doesnt know and nor did the UK support team, would this explain my two line issue?

The UK support wants to charge me for a config file as they say this isn't a standard use of the phone but surely it is?

The UC Version is 5.7.2.3205

Trio 8800 collaboration kit

Part number 3111-65290-001-rev A

The customer is not happy with the phone due to the issues which is a shame as its a lovely looking unit.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Struggling User  ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Super simple as described here:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

Not license required for the Trio as this always comes with the Skype for Business license (unlike the non -019 SKU for VVX)

Ensure you post the MAC of the unit for any replies so I can guide you who can open a support ticket with us for you as most likely this is not who you purchased the unit from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Struggling User  ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Super simple as described here:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

Not license required for the Trio as this always comes with the Skype for Business license (unlike the non -019 SKU for VVX)

Ensure you post the MAC of the unit for any replies so I can guide you who can open a support ticket with us for you as most likely this is not who you purchased the unit from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffan,

I assume this is a standard way to use these units with 2 lines then?

I did have a config file that i uploaded which created two lines as i wasnt sure how to do the manual configuration.

SO my software version is okay?

Even though i bought the unit as the generic version and then changed it to SKype for Business i dont need i licence?

Also other than the Skype username / password and the VOIP hosted PBX host and username/password do i need any more settings to make this work as i always found the lines clashed. Is there i specific order to set the lines up or does it not matter?

The MAC address of the unit is: 64:16:7F:4E:FE:0E?

My main issuse is the fact that when i make a voice call on the unit it showed my SKype on my mobile as in a call. Will this setup resolve that?

Thanks,

Scott

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Here is my config file, does this look okay?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Arbutus 5.7.2.3205 05-Nov-18 14:52 -->
<!-- Created 18-01-2019 15:29 -->
<!-- Base profile Lync -->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
<!-- Note: The following parameters have been excluded from the export:
reg.2.auth.password=""
-->
<ALL
device.prov.serverName.set="1"
device.prov.ztpEnabled="0"
device.prov.ztpEnabled.set="1"
device.set="1"
feature.lync.hideSignOut="1"
httpd.cfg.enabled="1"
httpd.cfg.secureTunnelRequired="0"
httpd.enabled="1"
lync.provisionDeviceParams.enabled="0"
reg.limit="2"
system.name="Conference Phone"
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID="38"
tcpIpApp.sntp.olsonTimezoneID="Europe/London"
video.camera.flickerAvoidance="50Hz"
mr.pair.uid.1="64167f4797f3"
reg.2.address="hpbx.sipconvergence.co.uk"
reg.2.auth.userId="28435*200"
reg.1.displayName="Skype for Business"
reg.2.displayName="Phone Line"
reg.1.label="Skype for Business"
reg.2.label="Voice Calls"
reg.2.ringType="ringer1"
reg.2.server.1.address="hpbx.sipconvergence.co.uk"
reg.2.server.1.port="5060"
/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Thanks,
Scott

HP Recommended

Hello @Struggling User ,

well the posted information is quite clear.

If you are using Skype for Business it must always be on Line 1.

openSIP can be on any other line.

Factory reset the unit and re-enable the Web Interface:

Mar 30, 2016 Question:Can I enable the Web Interface on a Polycom Trio 8800 or 8500?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details

Sign into Skype as shown here:

Sep 30 2014 Question:Can I sign into Skype for Business using the Web Interface?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

! Test Skype works !

Download the attached file that enables the 2nd Registration, Unzip and import via the Web Interface and the phone will reboot

Setup Line 2 as shown here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Do not make any other changes as this should work out of the Box

Now check the Hybrid Post again to tweak the 2nd Line for example for Digitmap aka so the phone automatically selects the right line to dial out or disables Video for the 2nd line.

If this fails or you struggle work with ScanSource Video Communications Ltd. who sold the Trio back in 28/08/2018. They can open a ticket with our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Thanks for your help and im nearly there however i update the unit to th emost up to date version, sign into skype for bvusiness and then it downloads an older software.

I tried to stop this using the export device setings and then altering the following lines:

device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled.set="1"

device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled="1"

I changed them to 0 then uploaded the file and rebooted.

It still updates/downgrades the software though, what am i doing wrong?

Phone Information Phone Model Trio 8800 Part Number 3111-65290-001 Rev:A MAC Address 64:16:7F:4E:FE:0E Wi-Fi MAC Address 64:16:7F:4E:FE:0F Bluetooth MAC Address 64:16:7F:4E:FE:10 IP Address 192.168.11.245 UC Software Version 5.8.0.15024 Updater Signature Release System Name Trio8800_FE0E

The software shown is now but its presently downloading another version as i signed into S4B which will be a much older version.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Struggling User ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Again I can only remind you to utilize the FAQ's as all your questions are answered already:

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:For LYNC please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

ScanSource Video Communications Ltd. sold this unit back in 28/08/2018 and they are your Tier 1 contact and can open a support ticket for you with our team. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.