Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've encountered an issue with our Logitech C930e camera when joining a Skype for Business Meeting.  If a user in the meeting shares their screen while we have the Logitech presenting video, the video camera LED around the lense will begin to flicker (attached video example), which coincides with the video freezing and losing definition (video gets fuzzy) on the remote viewer's screen.  Additionally, if in the meeting long enough, the LED will shut off entirely, and we are presented with a "USB Device Unplugged" prompt on the local monitor.  After several seconds the camera's LED will turn back on, the "USB Device Connected" prompt on the local monitor shows up, but it will continue to flicker and freeze on remote participant's screens.

We thought that this behavior was due to the USB extension cable we installed to get the camera mounted in the ceiling, but it behaves the exact same way when plugged directly in to the Visual+.  We have tried two different Logitech C930e cameras with the exact same outcome.

I have not been able to replicate this behavior when doing a Skype call and screen share either prompted from the remote viewer's Skype for Business, or when initiating a Skype call from the Trio to the remove viewer - only when joining a Skype Meeting.

Our Trio 8800 is running UC Software Version 5.7.2.3205, and our Visual+ is also running the same 5.7.2.3205.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I've not see this issue.

5.7.2.3205 was the Polycom Trio 880 5_7_2_3205 Rev AB release from Nov. 2018.

There has been a subsequnet 5.7.2 Rev AD release from Feb. 2019.

There have also been two release of 5.8.0.

Have you been able to reproduce the issue with any of the recent releases?

HP Recommended

Hello @jdeliaso ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already outlined by @JamesW7 you should be running the latest UC Software 5.8.0 release.

If this still is an issue after this please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.  I updated our Trio to the latest version of firmware yesterday, and will try to test it either later today or early next week.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.