Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom UC Software 5.8.0.12848 Rev C - Skype for Business Deployment

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Polycom UC Software 5.8.0.12848 Rev C - Skype for Business Deployment

Hello,

Is anyone using UC Software 5.8.0.12848 Rev C in production?

Any issues/concerns?

We would be using it on VVX 400/401/410/411/600/601, Skype on-prem shop.

Just looking for some real world feedback.

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom UC Software 5.8.0.12848 Rev C - Skype for Business Deployment

Hello @Sean.Stanley66,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Based on experience and the issues fixed I would use UC Software 5.8.2

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Steffen.

I do not see 5.8.2 listed under UC platform software qualified by Microsoft.

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/polycom-uc/polycom-uc...

Will 5.8.2 make the list in the near term?

Thanks

Sean

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Sean.Stanley66,

Our Partner Microsoft certifies via their 3PIP program various versions of Polycom software and hardware.

These are usually the X.Y.Z versions aka major releases which usually documented on Microsoft's website and hosted on our page => here <=.

Polycom itself supports the follow up X.Y.Z versions for our customer base which is hosted under the individual phone model support pages.

Polycom will support our software as long as you are either using the correct SKU and/or have the relevant licenses in place and are within your warranty period or have some sort of service / maintenance contract in place.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Frequent Advisor

Hi Steffen,

Just to confirm, you are referring to:

Correct?

Thanks

Sean

Message 5 of 5