Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX 310 and Delegates broken after UCS5.3

SOLVED

Polycom VVX 310 and Delegates broken after UCS5.3

On a Polycom VVX 310, if I run firmware 5.2.3.0192, I can click the button next the to name of the "boss" who has delegated access to me, and I have softkeys for dial or "on behalf of".  I can then make calls on behalf of my boss, they appear as if coming from his number.  This is perfect.

If I upgrade to 5.3.0.12074 or 5.4.3.1014, when I click this button it just trys to dial the "boss", there is no "on behalf of" option.  I can no longer make calls on behalf of the boss as shown on page 79 here:

I can reproduce by upgrading and downgrading the firmware.  What happened to the "on behalf of" option?  It seems to still be in the docs (but they show VVX500 pics).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX 310 and Delegates broken after UCS5.3

Hello AnthonyCaragol,

Please go ahead and escalate this via your Polycom reseller.

If the reseller is some internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6

Hello AnthonyCaragol,

I ran a quick test with 5.4.3.1014 and used a VVX310 and cannot confirm this:

VVX310_LongPress.PNG

As stated already this must be something on your end and you need to contact your Polycom reseller for support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 6

That's good to see and is very helpful.  This means it's not a bug, it's my configuration.  I tried this with the same firmware on the same phone.  When someone adds me as a delegate, I can only make calls on their behalf by starting a new call, then clicking Contacts->Groups->People I Manage Calls For->Info->On Behalf

I get the popup "XXXXXX added you as a delegate" and the name pops up as the second name on my screen.  But clicking it just dials them instantly with no options.

I replicated it in a few environments, but I'm going to try to go back down to factory defaults, set the base profile only, and see if there's any difference.

Message 4 of 6

Hello AnthonyCaragol,

the shown option always only appears on a long press of the Key or Touch Screen.

Anything else requires following up via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 5 of 6

It was a long press.  It works just fine.  The documentation I was reading didn't specify this so I never tried it.  

Followup, is there anyway to make it work the same for a tap or short press?  That's not as crticial.

Message 6 of 6