Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX400 forward function

hf
Frequent Visitor

Polycom VVX400 forward function

Hi,

we are using Lync2010 and Polycom VVX400 (FW-Version: 5.4.2.2834) for a small helpdesk.

Normally the helpdesk number is forwarded to a lync response group. But often we you have to forward to our cell phones.

But forwarding to the cell phone is quite complicated und not quick, because you have to go trough: Forward -> Forward to a Contact -> and entering the cell phone number).

I've tried to use manual created contact as forward contact, checked the manual and spent quit a lot of time to configure this, but i didn't succeed.

So i and my teammates have always to go through this steps and fill in the whole cell phone number and so on ...

Does anyone know a better and quicker way to do this?

thanks & br

hf

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX400 forward function

Hello HF,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Does the Number vary between your Helpdesk number and the Mobile or do you individually always forward to the same mobile number ?
  • Do you have access to the Web Interface of the Phone?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
hf
Frequent Visitor

Re: Polycom VVX400 forward function

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

• - The cell phone number is changing because all team members not always on site.
  • - Yes, I've access to the web interface of the phone. (I know that forwarding with the web-interface of the phone is possible and I've tried it).

In the past we used a Snome 760 Phone on which it was possible to forward with just pressing one button on the phone. Forward destinations were displayed  directly on the main screen of the phone. So this was very handy.

Is this possible with this type of phone?  If yes how?

thanks & br

hf

Message 3 of 3