Polycom VVX411 - lync 2013, immediately hangs up

Occasional Visitor

Polycom VVX411 - lync 2013, immediately hangs up

Hello

We have two polycom vvx411 phones one worked right out of the box, we bought another one and, although it does connect to the lync2013 server, we cant make and receive calls.

Working phone firms: 5.4.1 rev F
UC: 5.4.1.17954

UV: 5.6.1.23318

Not working phone:

I've tried updating it to the newest firmware - nothing, i have tried other firmwares that work with lync - nothing.

Right now we are standing at 5.4.1 rev I

I changed settings in lync server to support encryption(globaly) and now it can make and recieve external calls.

However internal calls, still, the same problem, hangs up right after dial.

with this error:

0723183600|sip  |3|00|UA Client INVITE INVITE trans state 'proceeding'->'completed' by 488 resp 65 timeout(0x40e48828)
0723183600|sip  |3|00|CStkCall::parseDiagnostics Call(0xfc6758), FailureReason = 52017;reason="Encryption levels dont match"
0723183600|sip  |3|00|CStkCall::NewCallState 'RingBack'->'Idle' (0xfc6758) m_hUI(0x10e7af0),Control Channel(0)

I didnt find 5.4.1 rev F on the website.

I tried using exactly the same configurations as the working phone has and it didnt help.

Please, help me.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX411 - lync 2013, immediately hangs up

Are these brand new or used phones ? What are the serials ?

Most likely you purchased a Russian SKU and need to change the encryption from required to supported.

Replied via a mobile device
Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

They are brand new phones

I did change the encryption to supported

serial of the phone that doesn't work: 64167F0E5AC9

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Darkhan,

the unit you purchased is for the Russian Market aka it does not support encryption:

2200-48450-114 VVX 411 12-line Desktop Phone Gigabit Ethernet with HD Voice. POE. Ships without power supply and factory disabled media encryption.

The Skype for Business or LYNC server needs to be set to "SupportEncryption" but not enforce it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4