Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Just curious, I was wondering if Polycom offers any first party software to help with:

1) provisioning/inventorying a large amount of phones

2) a Windows/Mac client for the end user to help them see things like if other coworkers are on a call

3) we have Skype for Business Online, as opposed to an on-premesis Lync server. We also can't afford the Microsoft Cloud PBX offering. Can we still use Skype for Business Online to provision/inventory VVX phones to any degree?

There are many PBXes for managing a phone system, and Polycom partners such as Shoretel provide applications like "Shoretel Communicator" which runs as a desktop app to help the user see details of their calls and others on their team. I searched through the Polycom site and found a few references to some Windows apps, but they usually seemed tied to a single product like RealPrescence. I assumed the Polycom "UC software" was some kind of unified communications desktop client, but it seems to just be the name for the firmware? It would be cool if there was anything useful to get a head start on a DIY system.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello BigChief,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

1. Have a look at EventZero
  2. If we are talking about LYNC / Skype for Business use a LYNC Client. Polycom does not offer a "soft client"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay, I was already checking out EventZero but wasn't sure if you offer any in-house solutions. Is EventZero the only provisioning solution that Polycom recommends or are there other competitors in that space?

HP Recommended

Hello BigChief,

You could look at this => free <= solution.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.