Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

we are experiancing an issue with the VVX410 phones, transfers are failing, but only when using the phones, if a user is only on the Skype Client transfers work normally. however If we try to transfer to a user that does not have voice mail and does not answer both calls are hungup. 

The log from the hangup is as follows. 

1605261627|ice |5|00|soIceChannelDataSendToStack: sendto() call failed. channel 7 len 183 result -1 err=0
1605261627|clist|4|00|dbCallSet::releaseActiveIndex:dbCallInfo Free Index (1)
1605261627|sip |5|00|CUser::CallNew Call SubscribeDialogBla absent
1605261627|clist|4|00|dbCallSet::releaseActiveIndex:dbCallInfo Free Index (0)
1605261627|sip |5|00|CUser::CallNew Call SubscribeDialogBla absent
1605261627|app1 |4|00|Event: Unrecognizable key - appKeyFunc = 327, scan code 0
1605261627|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding requested type 2 but is of type 0
1605261629|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter call.autoAnswer.SIP requested type 2 but is of type 7
1605261629|app1 |4|00|Event: Unrecognizable key - appKeyFunc = 327, scan code 

Regards 

Rob 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Rob,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The Software versions are as follows 

UC Software Version 5.4.4.2473 Updater Version 5.6.4.2075

HP Recommended

Hello Rob,

The log snippet you provided does not really contain anything of interest.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please get some better logs and / or work with your Polycom reseller to open a support ticket with Polycom for you.

If the reseller is some Internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

did you ever fix this? we have the exact same issue

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

You responded to a post from 2016 with someone running a phone on UC Software 5.4.4

Just as a reminder both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Provide details if UC / SIP or ObiEdition
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

As an example:

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Office365 or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
  • Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • VVX411
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • SFB On premise
  • Provide details if UC / SIP or ObiEdition
  • UC edition
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • BTOE
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question
HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179 ,

back in 08/2018 we reminded you >here< that Mac 64167F16659A was not a Skype for Business SKU (-019) and you, therefore, needed to purchase for all phones of the same type (-025) a License from Poly.

We did explain the legality >here< and you commented >here< that a license was purchased.

You reported this issue in Software 5.8.0.12848 but never followed up what the supposed fixed version was or what the Poly ticket reference is (reminder >here<)

Now in this new post, you still are running 5.8.0.12848, which last year you claimed Poly provided a fix.

5.8.0.12848 is no longer support. A supported Version is UC Software 5.9.3 or at least 5.8.5

Again the phone reported in this case (64167f166589) is not a Skype SKU but a normal openSIP SKU.

Do you have a purchase order for all the phones in your organization to proof you purchased separate Polycom Skype for Business license per phone?

If no could I kindly remind you of this:

Jan 26, 2016 Question:Do I require a License to use Poly VVX Business Media Phones with a  Skype for Business server ?

License requirements for Poly VVX Business Media Phones not using a Skype for Business SKU:

Please be aware of the following License requirement:

The use of Poly UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync / Skype for Businessenvironment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync / Skype for Businessenvironment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Poly. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync / Skype for Business server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement. 

Poly reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Before you have this purchase order reference, which I can double-check, please refrain from posting within the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.