Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have VVX business phones running off of a provisioning server currently.  Things are working as expected.

I'm changing the provisionig server address via dhcp to allow for a folder per location.  I see the phone reach out to DHCP to renew its lease and at that point the phone sees the new provisioning server address. 

However, the phone is not contacting the new address for provisioning when I press Home - settings - basic - update configuration...(verified in wireshark)

Also under Home - settings - status - platform - configuration... the old provisioning server address is listed.

Will the phone contact the new provisioning server address during its nightly update or does it need to be rebooted for the change to take affect?

Test phone:

VVX 600

UC Software:   5.4.3.2036

Thanks

Sean

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.