Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi again 🙂

on our RealPresence Trio 8800, we noticed that there is a lot of lag during the screen sharing (with the People Content IP software), both with usb cable and wireless connection. It's very strange because, for example, if we share contents between computers, there are not problems at all. We don't have any bandwidth problem inside our Lan, so we think problem can be related to the Polycom device. We also tried with the other firmware versions, but nothing to do... At the moment, streaming a video is very difficult (we get around 5 fps). Is there any parameter we can change in order to have a better screen-sharing experience with the Polycom?

Thanks a lot again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Gian911

I have moved this post.,

The community's S4B FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 16, 2016 Question:What type of content sharing experience should I expect of the RealPresence Visual+?

Resolution:

The performance of the RealPresence Trio content sharing over Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business is designed for static and semi-static content such as PowerPoint, Excel documents, standard PDF, etc. The content is limited to a maximum of 5 frames per second (fps). A low framerate will cause content sharing of full motion video, quick screen refresh, fast scrolling and quick mouse movement to appear choppy and slow. Content sharing performance of the RealPresence Trio is on par with that of the receiving Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business desktop client.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Gian911,

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Once this has been done please open a Ticket with your reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, at the moment software version is 5.4.3.2389, but we also tried with:

We have configured only the Lync access

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Gian911

I have moved this post.,

The community's S4B FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 16, 2016 Question:What type of content sharing experience should I expect of the RealPresence Visual+?

Resolution:

The performance of the RealPresence Trio content sharing over Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business is designed for static and semi-static content such as PowerPoint, Excel documents, standard PDF, etc. The content is limited to a maximum of 5 frames per second (fps). A low framerate will cause content sharing of full motion video, quick screen refresh, fast scrolling and quick mouse movement to appear choppy and slow. Content sharing performance of the RealPresence Trio is on par with that of the receiving Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business desktop client.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks, now it's clear the reason. I suppose these limitations are also for Content+People IP Software, correct? Is there any config file we can modify in order to get better experience?

Thanks

HP Recommended

We just bought a new 8800 and are facing the same issue.  Its super dissappointing as we love the device otherwise.  However sharing content via Skype was our primary use case for purchasing this device.  We are planning to return unless there is some other path forward?  The delay is a full second  or two between typing something the the shared screen and seeing it in on the Visual + screen.  Others in the meeting (and located across the country) see near zero lag.  So it doesn't seem to be a Skype isuue or a network issue.  Airplay to the same device is much better -- althoug slightly sluggish as well.  

Should I return it or wait for a firmware update?

HP Recommended

Hello @jarmstrong303,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We cannot discuss unreleased software within this community but I suggest you wait until at least after the holidays.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello @jarmstrong303,

We just released UC Software 5.5.3 which added VBSS receive support.
Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.