Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Re: Pair Trio 8800 with Group 500

Occasional Advisor

Hey Guys,

thanks sorry I did missed it in the Articel but I have also one G500 with HV20. With this one it is working.

But two other questions:

1) When I try to configure the Skype for Business via WebInterface it is greyed out can I enable it somehow?

2) Is it possible to connect a Trio to Skype for Business Online + a on premise PBX via SIP at the same time? If not is there an easy way for a user to switch?

Kind regards and thanks

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Occasional Advisor

Pair Trio 8800 with Group 500

Dear,

we got today our test environment a Group 500 + Trio 8800. We discussed with the distributor that we want to pair the Trio with the Group 500, how is this technical possible? Regarding the sales chat and a datasheet it should be possible within Q3 now?

Kind regards

Message 1 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Proxy00,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This feature was added in the latest Trio 5.7.1 and GroupSeries 6.1.8 release

From the VoIP FAQ:

Aug 29, 2018 Question: Can I connect my Polycom Trio to a Polycom RealPresence GroupSeries?

Resolution: UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AB or later for Polycom Trio added support to connect to a GroupSeries running 6.1.8 or later. This also allows to use additional supported cameras via the GroupSeries.

More details can be found => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Questions posted here do not follow Poly SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Poly technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Advisor

Hey, I did update everything, the Group Series is Release - 6.1.8-430297 but I do not have the Trio mode.

If I go there to System mode I only have the Skype Mode

System Name:

GroupSeries 500

Edit

Model:

RealPresence Group 500

Hardware Version:

System Software: Release - 6.1.8-430297 Camera Software: Serial Number:   MAC Address:  

Message 3 of 7

Your hardware is to old and therefore not compatible. This is specifically mentioned in the linked post.

Replied via a mobile device
Please be aware:

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Respected Contributor

Hi @Proxy00,

your GS500 is not supporting Trio integration because your hardware is too old! Minimum Hardware Version 20.

Message 5 of 7

Hello @Proxy00,

once the Trio is paired and the GroupSeries is in Trio Mode all "old" functionality of the GroupSeries does no longer work.

The Trio and its compatible features are paired with the GroupSeries. All changes are made via the Trio.

In order to sign into Skype for Business and an openSIP server please consult the FAQ for the Hybrid Feature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Message 7 of 7