Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

We're currently working on a setup with the new MSR camera, like mentiond in the subject. Everything is still running, but we just cannot configure stuff like the brightness concerning the MSR camera over the Trio config file(s).

Is there any guide which we could use to do this...because we already tried to place some config from the MSR camera in the config file under different sections, but nothing worked. Im sure that the masterfile works, because if we change the admin password the Trio doesn't accepts the old password. 

Environment Firmware/Software information:

RP Trio 8800: 5.5.3

MSR Camera: 1.1.0

If you need further information, just ask.

With best regards

Max

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @ADC,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever fix your old open issue => here <= ?

You cannot add parameters from the camera to the Trio configuration as the Trio would not understand these.

I am not even sure what these would be but usually.

Have you tried to do this via the Phone UI aka Settings->Basic->Video->Camera Settings->Camera Preferences ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello

We recently had another report that a Skype meeting with several participants was disturbed by the beep like it was back then. Since this phenomenon only occurs at meetings with many (external) participants, we believe it is not certain that the problem has been resolved.

Now back to the actual current problem.

The settings via the Phone UI work as they should. It's about the fact that different light factors prevail in our meeting rooms and we want to make the settings fixed in the config and we want to apply them with a software update. The same, if a trio 8800 has to be changed unexpectedly, the settings should be taken over from the config.
In the latest adminguide for Trio 8800 (version 5.53) it is referred to page 185, but I'm beginning to think that this refers to the older configfiles. There is a file video.cfg in which you can adjust the settings like brightness, contrast etc. The same settings found on the trio in Phone UI.
The possibility to place the camera settings in the advanced menu didn't work either.

Thank you in Advance for some input

Regards
Jacek

HP Recommended

Hello @ADC,

For your original issue I advised you to open a ticket. If you will not do this you deprive yourself and others from us, Polycom, fixing this.

For your new issue it is always helpful to include examples or provide some logs to the community so the community can actually look at this rather than assume what you are doing.

If you find something not working again we need to see this in support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

in the attached Section of our master-configfile, you see what i try to do. in the lower section, two parameters I want to adjust for testing:

• video.camera.menu.Location video.camera.menu.Location="Advanced"
  • video.camera.contrast video.camera.contrast="1000"

In the Screenshot from the Administrator Guide (version 5.5.3) the Parameters are available.

I tried to realize it with a video.cfg-file and also with the masterconfig-file. Both have not worked yet.

My idea is to set all the video parameters, which are visible on the Phone UI with a config file.

Best regards

Jacek Zdziech

HP Recommended

Hello @ADC,

The Word Doc does not show us if your Trio has actually loaded the configuration or rejected it due XML formating errors.

A backup would show at least if a parameter was imported or not.

May 25, 2017 Question: Can I create a backup of my current configuration?

Resolution:Since UC Software 4.0.0 or later a backup can be created via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

You can also consult the logs of the Trio to check for issues.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello 

i attached the Backup. My idea is to set the settings from the Phone_Local parameters you see in the backupfile. All the video camera settings.

If possible, I would like to send you the log file directly.
I see in the files that the correct file is being attracted, but my desired settings are not taken over, except for the video. camera. menuLocation. That worked.

i tried to insert the backup as a code, but it have to much character's 

HP Recommended

Hello @ADC,

I can see in your backup within the config file section:

video.camera.contrast="1000"
		video.camera.menuLocation="Advanced"

I can also see that on the phone itself changes where made:

video.camera.backlightCompensation="1"
		video.camera.brightness="760"
		video.camera.contrast="643"
		video.camera.gamma="496"
		video.camera.hue="500"
		video.camera.saturation="426"
		video.camera.sharpness="337"

The changes made via the Phone UI have a higher priority than the ones from the configuration files.

If you require additional assistance please work with your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support. The Polycom ticket has been opened. If I have a solution, do I post it here, if that's OK?

HP Recommended

Hi @ADC

the Ticket 1-8361728291 is in my queue already.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.