Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

We have a Real Presense Trio 8800 and are a purely O365 office.  We are running firmware 5.4.2.5400. 

I have an onging support case (for about a week now) trying to get the phone to connect to skyp meetings or Meet now meetings.   

I am starting to think that the Trio just doesn't work with (non federated) O365 at all. 

We can direct dial SIP to any email address but that is about all we can do with the device. 

I am able to login to my Skyp account see Contacts and the Calender but when I click on join a meeting it will never connect.  The same thing happens when you try Meet now.  

Has anyone actually been able to Join Skype for Businss meeting on the Trio 8800?

I have tested this on multiple domains, with multiple users, and with a room, nothing works.  

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello bluisana,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• What type of O365 subscription do you have ?
  • Have you tried upgrading to the latest 5.4.3.2007 yet ?
  • What is the Polycom case reference starting with 1- ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen, 

We have Office 365 Enterprise E3

I have not upgraded the firmware past 5.4.2.5400 but would gladly do so if that would allow us to connect

The case number is 

1-2801882967

HP Recommended

I just upgraded to 5.4.3.2007 but am still unable to connect to any Skype Meetings.  

HP Recommended

Hello bluisana,

1-2801882967 was raised on 18/05/2016 18:03:34 so the T2 team is currently dealing with this and I pinged them internally to make them aware.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey Steffen, 

Thanks for looking into this.  That ticket is really a continuation from another ticket that was started Monday.  We made a few changes on the device and got through the first issue so they wanted to start another ticket.  

My real question is does the device work with Native 0365 and Skype meetings?  From everything I have tested across multiple domains,  users and now with multiple Trios and bios versions none of them work.  We were planning to demo this unt at one client next Thursday and were supposed to be live at another this week.  We have several 0365 only clients that this would be a perfect device for but without being able to connect to a skype meeting it is now essentially a brick.     

HP Recommended

Yes, the Trio, just like the VVX, fully supports Lync and Skype for Business environments.  My Trio is right now registered to my personal O365 tenant (also not a split-domain configuration) and I have access to my mailbox, can click-to-join meetings, etc. This has worked for the past several firmware releases, and we have many customers and partners using them like this today.

If you are registered succesfully to Skype for Business Online (as it appears you are) but not getting the mailbox portion of features to work then this is related to your Exchange and/or AD environment.  Are you running Exchnge Server online,in a hybrid model, or Exchange Online online?  Are you leveraing AD FS or some other Directory Sync component for your AD accounts?

The phone currently uses a single set of credentials for both SfB and Exchange registration, which are different authentication models.  The issues you are seeing are typically related to Exchange Autodiscover or (NTLM) authentication problems.

HP Recommended

Hey Jeff, 

Thanks for the feedback.  I have read all of your blogs on the trio by the way :).    We have been able to get the phone to work in federated and hybrid 0365 environments.  What we haven't been able to do is get the phone to connect to meetings in a purely 0365 standalone environment (no on premise servers or integration at all).   We are able to login with a skype for business account, view contacts/calendar events and see meetings. The problem is that you are unable to connect to a meeting.   As soon as you click on a meeting to connect it will say connecting to meeting and then wait there for a minute before timing out.  

For the exchange integration we are using this URL.  

https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

I could be compltely wrong but this seems to be a problem with the C3P or CCCP integration for initiating a meeting under a purley 0365 environment. Everything else works perfectly and I can direct SIP dial any account and connect to them with Skype.  

HP Recommended
We are now well into week two of fighting this issue. The support ticket is still being updated and we have no resolution. We have tried this on many different Office 365 tenants now all with the same error and unable to connect to any Skype for business meetings. I've now given support a full account on our Office 365 system and they are seeing the same error. Can you provide any test accounts that allow connecting to a Skype meeting that I could use as a demo?

t that I can use to try to connect to on our trio? Please send me a PM if this is possible.
HP Recommended

We have installed the Trio 8800 with Skype for Business in O365 and it is working.  Definately upgrade to the latest firmware.  We are running 5.4.3.2007.  I was able to login with my user credentials but for practical use we created a room resource account and assigned it to the Trio instead.  That allows any user to invite the room to a Skype meeting and click on the join button on the Trio when the meeting shows up on the calendar.  It avoids the need to login with individual user accounts for each meeting.  Throw out the instructions if you plan to do this though.  The powershell commands in the manual do not work.  I was able to do it from the GUI.  You'll want to create a room account on Exchange.  We have a hybrid environment.  Right-click on the account and enable the account, then right-click again and reset the password.  That enables a password for the room account.  A normal room account does not have a password but you need a password to login on the Trio. Once you get that trick figured out it works great.   Now I just tell all my users to invite the Trio room resource and they start the Skype meeting and it all connects automatically. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.