Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I've set up a Real Presence Trio 8800 with Skype 4 Business Online (plan 2 license), updated to last firmware 5.4.1.17.597. Video calls between Real Presence and another user are good; instead when I try "Meet Now" it stays in " Connecting to conference" and never goes on. Also if I try from my pc to invite with meet now real Presence plus one more user(another pc), the real presence hang on and do nothing, while with the other user the call go smooth.

What is the problem? Miss something in license or in the configuration?

Please help me

Thanks 

Luca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

I did explain who you are required to contact as explained in the linked FAQ End Customers cannot open a ticket with us.

This is all explained and should be self explanatory.

Ingram Micro Distribution GmbH is your Tier 1 support contact so please contact them so they can raise a ticket for you.

In regards of accounts I am using 3pip.onmicrosoft.com without issues.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I just did a quick test and that worked fine.

Your next step would be to open a Support Ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller so we can look into this issue and if required refer you to our Partner Microsoft for further support.

Please provide me with the MAC address of the unit so I can advise you who to work with.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

my MAC is 00:04:F2:FC:FB:6C;

I bought my Trio 8800 directly online, so how can I open a ticket support without an oficial reseller?

HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

This Tiro was sold via Ingram Micro Distribution GmbH. Please contact them so they can raise a ticket for you.

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above explains why we need to do this that way.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen, 

I've raised a ticket with Polycom and their answer was this....,

Thank you for contacting Polycom Global Services
According to our records, your system is under warranty only. Warranty support for your Polycom Trio 8800 is provided by your supplier. Please contact them and provide as much detail as you can about the problem your system is experiencing.
You should make sure you quote your system serial number when contacting your supplier for assistance. In the event of any equipment fault being confirmed, your supplier will be able to make arrangements for a replacement unit to be provided.
Feel free to also browse the resources available to you (including our knowledge base, software and product documentation, and other useful information) on:
1. Our Support Portal http://support.polycom.com/
2. Our Support Forum: http://community.polycom.com/

Not so helpful!

By the way, I want to ask you one thing: in your quick test that was succesfull, did you use a Skype for Business Online account with your domain verified?

Because I haven't verified my domain yet (since was only testing it) and I'm using a skype for business account like luca@xxx.onmicrosoft.com to login in the Trio device; could it be a problem?

HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

I did explain who you are required to contact as explained in the linked FAQ End Customers cannot open a ticket with us.

This is all explained and should be self explanatory.

Ingram Micro Distribution GmbH is your Tier 1 support contact so please contact them so they can raise a ticket for you.

In regards of accounts I am using 3pip.onmicrosoft.com without issues.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I'll provide you a REAL answer. We had the same exact issue and figured it out on our own. After updating to the newest firmware, the video processing "call rate" and "maximum call rate" were maxed out. Once we set it back to the defaults (512 and 768, respectively), everything worked properly again.

You can find Video Processing under the preferences menu when you remote manage the device by IP.

HP Recommended

Hello RyanSchauer77,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Whilst I agree that the values described by yourself indeed differ from the described original values I just did a quick test on our own Skype for Business 2015 server and am not able to reproduce this.

Whilst your suggestion may be applicable to your setup ( I did raise internally VESC-6170 ) We cannot automatically assume that this also addresses the original posters issue.

The correct and explained escalation path is to open a ticket via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support so we can gather and analyze the relevant data.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.