Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all!

Hoping to get some serious help here. My company just purchased the Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800. I'm not all that tech-fluent by any means, so hoping someone could help me get this set up 🙂

We managed to get the console hooked up to ethernet with a PoE injector. We also managed to set-up WiFi. However, we are unable to make calls.

We'd like to set the console up with Skype for Business (this will allow us to make calls, correct?). We purchased a Skype for Business single user account to try, but don't know where to go from here. All the documentation online describes how to get it onto a server. I can't find anything about using Skype for Business online. I have an account set-up, just don't know how to log into it on the Polycom unit.

Edit: did some reading. The end of the product number we have is -018. Does this mean we don't have the correct version for Skype to Business. Is there a way to upgrade the software on the console? A way that someone with no server/networking knowledge could tackle?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The -18 means it is a Lync compatible unit which comes with the correct license to use LYNC and can be upgraded to UC Software 5.4.1 AA

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above describes how you upgrade the unit via the Web Interface.

You will have to enable the Web Interface first as explained => here <=

Also check => here < how to sign into the unit via the Web Interface.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffan! The software update went smoothly. I was also able to get our base profile to Lync.

One last question - I'm struggling to figure out the log-in credentials for our Skype to Business account. We don't have a physical server, we just have Skype for Business online that is ran on Office 365. Can you provide some insight on what each field should be on the sign-in to Lync page?

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

from experience the sign-in address and the user are both your S4B email address and then your password.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks again for the help, I logged in successfully. When I dial a phone number, it gives a busy signal. It also shows the phone number as an address. For example for phone number (555) 555-1234 it shows: 5555551234@ourdomain.onmicrosoft.com

Any tips on how to trouble shoot this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.