Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings  SteffenBaierUK,

I thought in office 2016 and O365 it uses VbSS and not RDP or H.264. With Skype 2016 are you still not able to record a SfB meeting on a Windows 10 machine and capture video from the 8800+?

HP Recommended

Anyone?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

this is a known Microsoft Restriction.

Based on this => here <=

Clients and servers support

Video-based Screen Sharing requires Skype for Business Server 2015 CU3 or later, and a current version of the supporting clients listed in Mobile client feature comparison for Skype for Business and Meetings support.

There are situations where screen-sharing will transition to RDP, like these:

• If your account is hosted in an environment where the ASMCU doesn't meet the minimum build that supports VbSS.
  • If someone who uses an older version of the Skype for Business client joins your session, for example anyone using any Windows client version that is lower than 16.0.6330.1000, Skype for Business Room System Devices, or Skype for Business Mobile Apps.
  • If a user is sharing from the Skype for Business Web App.
  • If someone is using Skype for Businesson Mac and not is homed on Skype for Business Online.
  • If someone starts any Program/Windows Sharing.
  • If someone starts recording the session.
  • If someone invokes Remote Screen Control during the session.

Be aware that once the session transitions to RDP it will not transition back to VbSS. Again, the transition from VbSS is meant to be seamless, and, with hope, will not be easy to detect in most situations.

• Meetings with more than 250 participants (where VbSS is not currently supported).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi...According to your description, I notice some participants’ audio and video can be recorded except the users who use Polycom Trio. It seems Polycom Trio doesn’t support it. Since our forum focuses on Office 365 Business Online services and Outlook/Skype for Business client related issue, we recommend you contact Polycom Trio support.

HP Recommended

Hello @KellyOnley ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your reply sounds like you wanted to post this in another forum. This is the official Poly community. I already responded that this is a Microsoft limitation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.