Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Registering Trio 8800 w/ Visual+ on CUCM and Skype for Business

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Registering Trio 8800 w/ Visual+ on CUCM and Skype for Business

Hi,

We have a a Trio 8800 with a Visual+ addon that is currently registered as a 3rd party SIP device to our Cisco Call Manager 11.5. I would like to utilize the built-in Skype for Business functionality as well but the option is greyed out in the admin menu. Can somebody please advise how I can make this work?

Thanks & regards,

Peter

13 REPLIES 13
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Registering Trio 8800 w/ Visual+ on CUCM and Skype for Business

Hello Peter,

I have not got around to do a FAQ post on this so simply follow these steps:

• Factory default the Trio
  • After booting up change into LYNC
  • After rebooting enable the Web Interface
  • After rebooting import the attached TrioMultipleLines.zip, unzip this and import via the Web interface
  • Sign into Skype for Business via the Web Interface
  • Manually configure Line 2 (or 3) to be used with CUCM or any other SIP server
    (You may need to refresh the Browser to see the 2nd or 3rd line)
    HybridLine2.png 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Steffen, that worked!

Message 3 of 14
Occasional Visitor

Hi
1. Is there a formal version that supports dual lines?

2. Is there a similar solution for VVX311?

Thanks

Message 4 of 14

Hello @YuvalPrtn,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually the release notes state what new features are added and we support Hybrid registration since UC Software 5.5.2 for the Trio product.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: You can register only one line when Lync is set as the base profile on the phone. The Polycom Trio has a Hybrid registration feature from UC Software 5.5.2 or later. Details can be found in the Trio Admin Guide or => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 14
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the prompt reply, we have a Trio8800 

Tried upgrading it to 5.5 version but it only updated to 5.4 (not at office so can't tell the exact version right now)

Any aparent reason?

Thanks

Message 6 of 14

Hello @YuvalPrtn,

This could have many reasons as you may host the software for the Trio on the Skype for Business server or any other.

We would at least to see some kind of log of this but the quickest way may be getting support via your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 7 of 14
Occasional Visitor

OK I will contuct our reseller, what about the 2nd question?

We have several VVX311 phones

Is there a similar solution for VVX311?

Message 8 of 14

Hello @YuvalPrtn,

Please read my reply which is also in the FAQ. Only the Trio at present supports Hybrid mode.

I cannot talk in public about anything else as it requires a NDA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 9 of 14
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Steffen,
Going back to the original reply which worked for us (thank you again)
Is there an option to set the 3rd line to Skype as well?
What should be the parameters in the screen capture desplayed?

Meaning:

Line1: Set to use Skype FB (sign in is done by users in the meeting room each time)
Line2: SIP
Line3: Will be a fixed Skype FB account (e.g. trio8800@....) that users can invite to a meeting

Thanks

Message 10 of 14