Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove 'my status' softkey and hide Applications button

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Remove 'my status' softkey and hide Applications button

Hi

I am testing a VVX 500 with Skype for Business Online (Current software version : 5.6.0.17325).

I want to remove the 'My Status' softkey from the main screen of the device and also remove the Applications button from the Menu screen (when you press the Home key).

How do I do that?

Thanks

Trent.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Remove 'my status' softkey and hide Applications button

Hello Trent,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Aug 19, 2015 Question:Can I customize the Home Screen?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

In order to remove the My Status Softkey simply use the softkey.feature.mystatus parameter.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response,

I created an XML file with the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<feature feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"  softkey.feature.mystatus="0"/>
<homeScreen.application.enable="0" />

saved as test.cfg and uploaded directly to the phone, the my status button is removed now but there is just a gap where it used to be, is there a way to move the Contacts button to take it's place?

The Applications icon still shows.

Am I misunderstanding how to use the .cfg file? I am new to polycom phone and I just have the one phone I am testing with at the moment.

Thanks

Trent.

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Trent,

Try to add:

efk.softkey.alignleft="1"

Basically it should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<feature feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"  softkey.feature.mystatus="0" homeScreen.application.enable="0" efk.softkey.alignleft="1"/>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Works great, thanks!

Message 5 of 5