Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've done some customization on our VVX phone configuration.  We had a requirement to add a Helpdesk button.  We also removed DND and maybe something else.  

After we removed and added various buttons, I followed the below link to remove the space/open key with the softkey.alignleft parameter. 

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-disable-the-Do-not-Disturb-DND-and-or-Call/td-p/6...

My question is can we re-order these menu bar buttons now?  Right now our menu bar is as follows.

1                  2                3                 4                 5

New Call - Forward - Contacts - Helpdesk - Sign Out.

On the VVX 410 for example, due to the small screen the Number 4 spot is replaced with the more button.  I deally we would like to get the Helpdesk button moved over to position #3.  

Is there a parameter to move the Helpdesk button one space to the left?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think my client is getting that licensing thing all sorted out right now because they are finally getting around to ordering new phones for their new sites coming on board to SFB.

As for the softkey.feature.directories -  I think i laready have it, are you saying that should drop the contacts button?

softkey.feature.directories="0"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello medlhuber,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever solve your potential Licensing Issue => here <= ?

Remember that all non-Lync / Skype for Business SKU used VVX's have to have the relevant license code.

For your new issue, do you really need the Directory ?

How about:

You can re-add  it using a EFK.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I think my client is getting that licensing thing all sorted out right now because they are finally getting around to ordering new phones for their new sites coming on board to SFB.

As for the softkey.feature.directories -  I think i laready have it, are you saying that should drop the contacts button?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.