Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 40 VVX 600/500's in response groups for incoming calls. Each one that has FW above 5.5.0 will randomly drop incoming calls. 

I have tested the recent 5.6.0 and still have the problem.

I have also used VVX 400's and while they dont drop response group calls they do crash when theres a high call volume (any firmware).

The only verision (5.5.20566) I found that doesn't drop calls has its own issues, i.e. freezing/crashing when adjusting speaker volumes or randomly rebooting. 

Any ideas on what cause this and/or what to do?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello magicmike,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The only way to get this analyzed and addressed is by getting this into support. 

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Take a look at the release notes of the firmware as well . Perhaps, it is a reported caveat on the firmware version.

HP Recommended

Only known issue I  saw in 5.5.3 release notes was reguarding response group delay and saying it was noticed in 5.5.2 even though i think people have been complaining about it since 2016.

Any way after going throught the syslog I sent polycom in ticket 1-7314851271 which was promplty closed by polycom and telling me to contact the vendor, I noticed the issue was in the way the phone was handling SRTP. The phone was recieving an Invite when it should've been a Refer.

For anyone experiencing this issue and you have an Audiocodes gateway, change the IP profile your using so Media Security is set to Preferible - Single Media. You may have to restart the gateway. After making this change I did 140 test calls and no issues except for three calls being delay when the phone was answered. The call was active but the phones screen didnt show the sactive call for a couple of seconds. This is a much better improvement of 1 in 10 dropping.

I also stopped recieving srtp |4|00|srtp: srtp_unprotect_rtcp: error: 7 in my logs after the change.

HP Recommended

Hello magicmike,

I already replied with my original post that End Users cannot open tickets with Polycom support and outlined the correct steps you should take.

Thanks for for taking the time and responding with your solution but you should really get this into support so we can verify we are not violating any RFC or Microsofts 3PIP qualification.

In addition I would suggest to work with Audiocodes on the same to verify they are not doing anything wrong.

Ingram Micro is your Tier 1 support as already explained by my colleague who closed your ticket.

Also please ensure you purchase the correct amount of Licenses from Polycom per phone as your VVX600 you tried to open the case with is not a Microsoft 019 SKU.

Using the phone(s) you will require an addition Polycom per device license as outlined in the Skype FAQ => here <=

5150-49252-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE IND PHONE
5150-49253-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (5 UNITS)
5150-49254-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10 UNITS)
5150-49255-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (100 UNITS)
5150-49256-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (1000 UNITS)
5150-49257-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10000 UNITS)

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'll have to contact our vendor reguarding licensing for each vvx phone we buy as we are only usins SfB.

As for my fix, apperanlty I must have been very lucky yesterday for over a 100 calls to not get dropped and then this morning testing again the third call was dropped. Further testing gave me more drops. The call doesnt actually drop though. When the vvx is answered and disconects the call, the caller will still hear ringing and end up in the IVR after it rings out. 

Rolling back to 5.5.0.20556 resolves the issue. I don't know what changed after this release but it has not been good for us. 

HP Recommended
Hello magicmike

Two things:

Sort out then relevant licenses you require
Get this to the reseller as already advised

Replied via a mobile device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.