Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
  • Polycom VVX 601
  • Skype for Business Online (Office 365)
  • S/W 5.6.0.17325

Notice yesterday the message "SSL/TLS Handshake Failed".  Tried a couple of reboots and that didn't solve it.

Any thoughts on the cause?

In my own trial and error...

I have now disabled device updates on the Skype for Business Online Management Shell / Configuration File on the handset to allow phones to run on a different version.  Then installed S/W 5.9.0.9373.  Phones now seem fine.

So my presumption is...

1. Microsoft done an update on the O365 servers that now require a different TLS version.
  2. But Microsoft have forgotten that Polycom S/W 5.6.0.17325 doesn't support it.
  3. And Microsoft haven't pushed out device updates first

When installing S/W manually, my choice of 5.9.0.9373 was from the version qualified in Microsoft's list of certified IP phones https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/certification/devices-ip-phones#conference-phones.

But then if 5.9.0.9373 is the version Microsoft list, why is 5.6.0.17325 being pushed out as the  qualified version for Skype for Business Online? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.