Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Service account for Polycom Trio 8800 with Skype for Business

Occasional Visitor

Service account for Polycom Trio 8800 with Skype for Business

Firmware: 

Hi there, I have a challenge... I have 200 Polycom Trio 8800 with Visual Plus to deploy. The way I am going to set them up is have each conference room account assigned to a Trio for Skype sign in. That way when a user books a room, the Skype meeting goes on the conference room calendar.

Each conference room is a Exchange Resource calendar. By default the account is disabled. I am going to enable the account for sign in, then enable for Skype access so that when user's book a conference room meeting with a skype meeting, they can walk in the conference room and hit the join now button to connect from the conference room.

Is there an easier way of doing this? Example: Create a service account (svc_trio) have all 200 resource calendars give the service account (svc_trio) access to them, then just log into each trio with (svc_trio) and then specify the calendar I want to appear for each Trio?

Right now the only option is to login to the Trio with a Skype enabled account.

I cannot imagine having to manage 200 different accounts for each individual Trio?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Advisor

Re: Service account for Polycom Trio 8800 with Skype for Business

I’m not sure how having one service account that is used to sign in to 200 devices would be easier to manage than 200 individual accounts. Either way, I don’t think this is possible.
Message 2 of 2