Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Skype & Silk Codec

Occasional Contributor

Skype & Silk Codec

Has anyone tried out the (experimental) SILK codec in the Polycom Trio (software 5.5.2)?

Does the SILK codec work with calls using Skype for Business Online / "Microsoft Calling Plan"? (We've only been able to get S4B Online to use the G.711 codec, unfortunately.)

We're hoping this will come to the VVX 501/601 series phones soon!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee

Re: Skype & Silk Codec

hi Semenko,

As the name says it  - "Experimental" .Not all features are likely to work or tested with this audio codec. The SILK codec is disabled by default on the Trio . You can read more about it on Pg 10 of  the firmware  5.5.2AC release notes .

http://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/Voice/realpresence_trio/release-note...

The official supported codec list for the Trio as per the datasheet is G.711 (A-law and μ-law)  &  G.722 :

http://www.polycom.co.in/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/data-sheets/realpresence-trio-data-she...

Hope this Helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Skype & Silk Codec

Hello all,

The Silk codec is now supported on the Trio running UC Software 5.5.3 and compatible VVX phones running software 5.7.0.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3