Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a user who gets logged out occasionally from her phone, sometimes logging back in will time out. Swapping phones/changing her password/checking switch logs for network disruptions yielded no results, looking at her logs I see a lot of:

Caller Service(-1):IndicationCode(400)Failed to Get oAuth Token

I've attached the logs I pulled from this morning, any insight would be greatly appreaciated. The phone is a VVX500.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello roberty,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also provide Version details and if this is on premise of off premise

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please be aware that the VVX500 you are using, aka 0004F28AE870, is not a LYNC or Skype for Business SKU and therefore requires you to purchase an individual License as outlined => here <=

This is required for all phones that do not use the -018 or -019 SKU and please ensure you have the relevant licenses covering your installation.

Please ignore the above if you have proof of purchase for the phone(s) in use for the individual licenses.

We had a very similar case => here <= so please use the suggested FAQ within this post and if this is not successful to pin point the issue you can always open a PPI / Pay Per Incident ticket via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS who sold this phone back in 18/06/2014 is the unit is out of warranty.

Please ensure, when you do this, to have the relevant licenses in place or we refuse support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

UC version: 5.5.1.11526

And I suppose this is considered on premise, as this is at my company.

As for the licenses, we bought the phones from a 3rd party vendor and purchased Skype for business licenses for each, I don't know if thats enough, I'm not the purchaser just the tech.

HP Recommended

Hello roberty,

as mentioned please follow the FAQ post so you can provide the recommended level of logs so we can have a look at it and have proof of purchase ready for the licenses when opening a PPI ticket via the reseller if we are unable to help.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi roberty,

Wanted to check and see if you had any resolution to this issue.  We just experienced this same issue with a pair of VVX411 phones connected to Skype Cloud PBX.  Both phones are running 5.5.2.8571.  I've attached the logs during the error, all logs at default levels.

We're in the process of opening a ticket with our partner but figured it's worth seeing if there's a known fix.

Kyle

HP Recommended

Hello Kyle Williams,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

I can see SSL errors but with default logging we won't get any more details.

Please follow the above FAQ and come back but be prepared that you may need to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have a vvx 601 here are the logs I'm stuck at the sign in screen for SFB untill it fails can you tell me what I need to do in order to fix thjs issue please ?

HP Recommended

Hello itsupport@AtomLP.com,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The error is pretty clear:

Due to a configuration change made by your administrator, or because you moved to a new location, you must use multi-factor authentication to access

The software Version (5.5.1) does not support MFA aka modern authentication.

Please upgrade to a current software.

Details can be found in my FAQ within my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Accept as Solution

This worked thank you After Updating to the Firmware recommended I installed the BTO and polycom connector on the PC,

opened skype for business and got a prompt to Sign in.  On my phone I saw three options displayed 

Sign in via

1)Web

2)PC

3)manually 

I choose to sign in via PC and was prompted on my windows 10 to enter the password for my office 365

email  abcd@abcd.com .

Phone took a minute and logged in. Also, my calendar was not working, I disabled two factor on my office 365 account to get my calendar to sync, It seems like to factor and the polycom SFB calendar wont sync with two factor enabled?

But I did sign into my phone solution accepted, Just one more question If I enable 2F again I think my excahnge calander will stop syncing any idea how to configure this properly ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.