Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Currently some VVX devices can make and receive calls while the VVX device is locked and others can receive calls but are unable to make calls without unlocking their phones first. Users sign into the VVX's via the user credential method.

How can I set VVX devices to allow users to make and receive calls while the phone is locked ?

From what I have read this is not a Skype for Business setting, only the settings of lock codes requirments like length, complexity, ect are set from Skype.  I have found that from the phone you can outright disable the use of lock codes or create a small list of a few number people can dial without unlocking but i want to set it so you can call any number without unlocking. 

We have multiple VVX 400s, 411s, 501s, & 601s running SW ver 5.6.0.17325. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @JackH,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Which type of Phone lock are you using?

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Apr 23, 2013 Question: How can I lock my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or the S4B FAQ

Jun 02, 2016 Question:How can I disable the LYNC / Skype lock Policies for Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

The Policy is controlled by the S4B server so I would advise to compare these.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What we have looks like the SfB lock.  

We dont have any per user setting changes for SfB policys about the lock so when some people can make outgoing calls while locked and others cannot make called while locked I thought it was a phone setting. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.