Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can use Polycom Trio 8800 make a call/video to smart phone and it work perfectly fine. But when I start use smart phone to make a call/video call back to Polycom Trio 8800 via "MS Team". It say "the termianl account(Trio 8800) is current unavilable, please leave the message after the tone."

I already update Polycom Trio 8800 's firmware to version 5.8.0.15232 but it still not working!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah, lots of moving parts here.

I'm guessing if you're on 5.8.0 still that you're not using Teams mode on the Trio. That means you're in Skype mode. To get calls between Skype users and Teams users to work Mircosoft are doing lots of backend magic, but there are a few settings you have to have right.

Ignore the Trio for a second, pretend you have two PCs. First one has a user signed in to Skype, second one has a user signed in to Teams. Calls from Skype user to Teams user ring on Teams, calls from Teams user to Skype user go to voicemail, which probably means they're trying to ring on Teams, but the first user isn't signed in to Teams.

Go to https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/users and look up both users. In the Teams Upgrade section check the coexistance mode assigned to each user. That controls how the second user's Teams will try to deliver calls to the first user - will it try to connect to them on Skype or on Teams?

If you're using Teams across the board, best bet is to set Coexistance to Teams Only for all users, then upgrade the Trio to the latest firmware, switch the Base Profile to Microsoft Teams, and just use Teams on the Trio too. If your org is still a mix of Skype and Teams then you might need to pick a different option.

Hope that helps at least a little 😃

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Kanate ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

What type of setup is this?

• Trio in Skype for Business Mode registered to Skype for Business On-Premise or Online?
  • Visual+ or VisualPro used?
  • UC Software 5.9.0 Rev AD is the latest for Trio

Calls via the Microsoft 3PIP gateway do not support Video so this may be your issue. 

Some Info >here< and >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yeah, lots of moving parts here.

I'm guessing if you're on 5.8.0 still that you're not using Teams mode on the Trio. That means you're in Skype mode. To get calls between Skype users and Teams users to work Mircosoft are doing lots of backend magic, but there are a few settings you have to have right.

Ignore the Trio for a second, pretend you have two PCs. First one has a user signed in to Skype, second one has a user signed in to Teams. Calls from Skype user to Teams user ring on Teams, calls from Teams user to Skype user go to voicemail, which probably means they're trying to ring on Teams, but the first user isn't signed in to Teams.

Go to https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/users and look up both users. In the Teams Upgrade section check the coexistance mode assigned to each user. That controls how the second user's Teams will try to deliver calls to the first user - will it try to connect to them on Skype or on Teams?

If you're using Teams across the board, best bet is to set Coexistance to Teams Only for all users, then upgrade the Trio to the latest firmware, switch the Base Profile to Microsoft Teams, and just use Teams on the Trio too. If your org is still a mix of Skype and Teams then you might need to pick a different option.

Hope that helps at least a little 😃

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.