Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Skype for business/MS team cannot make a call to Trio 8800

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Skype for business/MS team cannot make a call to Trio 8800

Hi,

I can use Polycom Trio 8800 make a call/video to smart phone and it work perfectly fine. But when I start use smart phone to make a call/video call back to Polycom Trio 8800 via "MS Team". It say "the termianl account(Trio 8800) is current unavilable, please leave the message after the tone."

I already update Polycom Trio 8800 's firmware to version 5.8.0.15232 but it still not working!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Skype for business/MS team cannot make a call to Trio 8800

Hello @Kanate ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

What type of setup is this?

• Trio in Skype for Business Mode registered to Skype for Business On-Premise or Online?
  • Visual+ or VisualPro used?
  • UC Software 5.9.0 Rev AD is the latest for Trio

Calls via the Microsoft 3PIP gateway do not support Video so this may be your issue. 

Some Info >here< and >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Advisor

Re: Skype for business/MS team cannot make a call to Trio 8800

Yeah, lots of moving parts here.

I'm guessing if you're on 5.8.0 still that you're not using Teams mode on the Trio. That means you're in Skype mode. To get calls between Skype users and Teams users to work Mircosoft are doing lots of backend magic, but there are a few settings you have to have right.

Ignore the Trio for a second, pretend you have two PCs. First one has a user signed in to Skype, second one has a user signed in to Teams. Calls from Skype user to Teams user ring on Teams, calls from Teams user to Skype user go to voicemail, which probably means they're trying to ring on Teams, but the first user isn't signed in to Teams.

Go to https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/users and look up both users. In the Teams Upgrade section check the coexistance mode assigned to each user. That controls how the second user's Teams will try to deliver calls to the first user - will it try to connect to them on Skype or on Teams?

If you're using Teams across the board, best bet is to set Coexistance to Teams Only for all users, then upgrade the Trio to the latest firmware, switch the Base Profile to Microsoft Teams, and just use Teams on the Trio too. If your org is still a mix of Skype and Teams then you might need to pick a different option.

Hope that helps at least a little =)

Message 3 of 3