Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have 3 Laptops that are not able to Pair using Skype for Business and the BTOE.

Message we are getting is "Unable to Pair. Enable BToE and Connect Phone to PC Port."

We are using a vvx300, Version is 5.6.17325, Running  BToE connector version 3.5.00, Skyp for Business Version is 16.0.8201.2193 32-bit.

We have Desktops that are not having this issue. So whats common between these systems is that all 3 are Laptops.

The other thing that I noticed is they will pair with the Laptop, until you sign into skype, then is unpair and the BToE option in features no longer appear on the phone.

I have tried the web interface to enable the BToE and set to manual and get the Pairing Code, but even with that I get the same message that I have listed above.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ray K 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Ray,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are various reasons why BToE would not work.

• Firewall ports aka are the PC Builds the same on the Desktop as on the non working Laptops ?

Jan 27, 2016 Question:Are there any firewall ports required to be open when using BToE ?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details

• Skype for Business inbound provisioning not allowing BToE => here <=

• Jan 26, 2016 Question:Can I troubleshoot BToE or changes settings ?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details

I suggest you get this into support if the above does not help you to troubleshoot this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The other thing that I noticed is they will pair with the Laptop, until you sign into skype, then is unpair and the BToE option in features no longer appear on the phone.

Are you using Skype Online?  The Default CSIPPhonePolicy in O365 actually disables BTOE and switches it from automatic to manual pairing mode for some reason.  if you don't override those settings on the phone or change the value in the powershell, then when you sign in, the client policy handed down from the cloud will turn off BTOE causing the behaviour you describe in the quoted section above.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csipphonepolicy?view=skype-ps

HP Recommended

Hi Ray,

I've seen a number of machines do this very same thing and found that the problem is to do with the OEM installed NIC driver in many cases so it may be worth you checking for an updated driver (note if it's an intel card, go to Intel for the driver as they tend to have much later releases than the OEM).

I also have seen situations where the phone signs out for no reason as a machine shuts down when the NIC driver is at fault.

Hope this info helps but keep us posted if you find a solution.

Matt

HP Recommended

Matt:
thank you for the Information I have looked into all these suggestion and none of them are helping me any. 

I have had several unusual occuenrece since I put this post up. 
1. I have a user that disconnected his phone all together and the reconnected it and it paired right up. 
Tried this on other phones with no luck. 

2. Had one of the phones with this issue, Pair up on its own for about an hour then it unpaired. 

Any other ideas that may help... 
Thanks

Ray K 

HP Recommended

Hi Ray,

I've also seen version 5.6.2 of the UC not pair but when cold reboot of the phone occurs it's fine again for a while. Have you tried a cold reboot (of the actual phone) on one you know is problematic?

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.