Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

VVX-601 Skype for Business Login, Current Software: 5.6.0.17325

Upon trying to use the web login Software Upgrade Utility and selecting "Polycom Hosted Server" then clicking Check for Updates.  An Information box pops up: "Failed to fetch available software from the Polycom Hosted Server. Please try again later or contact your Network Administrator if the problem persists." 

Well I am the Network Administrator so that doesn't help me.

I've tested this over the last three days hoping they were down. All of my phones are getting this error. I am trying to get my Skype for Business to stay signed in and to get the phones to pull a directory.xml file from the FTP server. Unfortunately, it keeps failing on both accounts. I figured I would upgrade the firmware to rule out a bug in the code. I can usually get the phones to login from a web based sign in, but when the power is removed they lose their logins. We are an Emergency Management department and the phones are used in a mobile environment running on generators. I can not leave power on 24/7. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turns out I needed a provisioning server. I now have the Polycom Cloud Service and if the website would be more stable I would get these things rolled out. I just want to say while I am the network administrator, I am by far not at your level. If you have a community board where you allow us that purchase equipment to access then it should be open and understanding to the fact that we are all at different levels. We purchased Polycom at the recommendation of Microsoft Skype for Business Team and I have been regretting that due to this community's attitude. However, a Polycom support rep has been very helpful that I have worked with via email and phone.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @egildersleeve,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Our phones try to get an external connection to our hosted cloud server via port 443.

If this is in anyway blocked you will get this message. As you are the network administrator I assume this is a simple change for you to address.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, I am not blocking any ports as a part of my testing. Everything is wide open at this time.
HP Recommended

Upon further testing I have discovered some phones are working. I can access the Check for Updates and initialize a software update to 5.7.1.2205, but not all phones are allowing this.

HP Recommended

Hello @egildersleeve,

As a network administrator I assume you are familiar with a wireshark trace via a spanned port.

I suggest you do this and in addition check the phone logs as they should help you.

The next step would be a ticket with your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I am not at the unit. I am working remotely so setting up a span port is going to be rather difficult.

HP Recommended
Hi

I already suggested the logs. Try Curl and Copy

The next step is to open a ticket as outlined already

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Turns out I needed a provisioning server. I now have the Polycom Cloud Service and if the website would be more stable I would get these things rolled out. I just want to say while I am the network administrator, I am by far not at your level. If you have a community board where you allow us that purchase equipment to access then it should be open and understanding to the fact that we are all at different levels. We purchased Polycom at the recommendation of Microsoft Skype for Business Team and I have been regretting that due to this community's attitude. However, a Polycom support rep has been very helpful that I have worked with via email and phone.

HP Recommended

Hello @egildersleeve,

I am glad you got it all working with the help of our dedicated support team.

I am a bit confused by your follow up. Stating your job title automatically puts any volunteer answering your question into a mode to not try and upset you by stating basic troubleshooting steps.

Any reply therefore given assumes you can easily follow industry standard practises.

As you never posted any form of logs no volunteer could even try and help you to troubleshoot your network related issue.

A simple FAQ post here:

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Polycom hosted server" error message?

Resolution: Please ensure your firewall allows outbound network traffic as shown  => here <=

describes the troubleshooting steps provided by myself in one of my replies.

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Feel free to post your internal Polycom ticket reference so I can follow this up and see what the actual issue was in the end.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.