Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have Skype for Business 2015 deployment and about 30 VVX 300 + ~10 VVX 600 ip phones. All was working as expected about one month but recently we've faced with strange issue with display names displaying for several contacts. We tested the issue very intensively and still cannot find any similarities with phone models or configuration with problem contacts.

The issue: when some contact who has the problem calls someone, this contact's display name is shown with question marks (on both IP phones: calling and caller) instead of the actual name of the contact, for example "????? ??????" instead of "John, Doe". When some other contact (non-problem) calls this problem person display name is shown correctly and, vice versa, when the problem person calls non-problem contact display name is also shown correctly.

Unfortunately I have no idea at the moment what these problem persons could have in common: there are pretty few people affected with this bug (about 7-10 of about 50) but all of them have the same Skype for Business client version (2015 from fully patched office 2013 pack), some of the problem contacts have vvx 300 and some - vvx600 with identical firmware version (5.4.0.10182) and configuration loaded from single configuration file.

If you could help to diagnose this issue this would be great because we have stuck with it...

Thank you in advance!

Nikolay

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Nikolay,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

You need to open a service ticket with your Polycom reseller so Polycom support can have a look at this.

If the reseller is some Internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Our reseller is not Internet discounter but my first try to open a ticker via them was unsuccessful... While I'm trying to find a right person for this could you please take a look from your side. MAC address is 00-04-f2-b0-6a-c4

Thank you,

Nikolay

HP Recommended

Hello Nikolay,

The VVX600 was sold back in 30/01/2015 via LLC Interactive Technical Solutions

Please be aware that is not a LYNC / Skype SKU as explained => here <= and you need to ensure you have the right amount of per device Licenses purchased from Polycom for the phones you use.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Sorry for misunderstanding but could you please give me some more details about Skype SKUs and per device licenses? Do we need to buy some additional software licenses to use current Polycom IP phones with Skye for Business firmware?

What do we also need to open a valid tech support ticket from Polycom?

Thank you

Nikolay

HP Recommended

Hello Nikolay,

Russia as a country is very special in regards that we, Polycom, are not allowed to ship any devices to Russia that support Encryption.

Therefore a "Russian" VVX600 would have this part number:

2200-44600-114 VVX 600 16-line Business Media Phone with built-in Bluetooth and HD Voice. Compatible Partner platforms: 20. Factory disabled media encryption for Russia. POE. Ships without power supply.

As the above shows media encryption aka SRTP is disabled in Russia.

The correct SKU for a Skype for Business VVX600 would be:

2200-44600-019 Microsoft Skype for Business/Lync edition VVX 600 16-line Desktop Phone with HD Voice, GigE and Polycom UCS SfB/Lync License. Ships without power supply.

The above would support SRTP and has the correct Polycom per LYNC / Skype for Business License added.

You would be breaking Russian communication laws using this phone in Russia.

In order to stay within your local law you must purchase phones ending with the -114 SKU to ensure they do not support SRTP and in addition purchase the following License(s)

5150-49252-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE IND PHONE
5150-49253-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (5 UNITS)
5150-49254-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10 UNITS)
5150-49255-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (100 UNITS)
5150-49256-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (1000 UNITS)
5150-49257-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10000 UNITS)

Please be aware of the following:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement. 

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

In order for a Support ticket to be opened you will need to contact LLC Interactive Technical Solutions and provide proof of the relevant Polycom per device LYNC license.

An end customer cannot open a ticket with Polycom support as explained here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

Thanks a lot for the very detailed answer. We've checked SKU of our IP phones and it looks like valid for Russia - 2200-44600-114. However as I understood we really have no corresponding Lync licenses at the moment which we already initiated to order.

Unfortunately our end reseller is different from LLC Interactive Technical Solutions you mentioned and moreover our actual reseller was unable to help us with the contact of this upstream reseller... In this connection if you could help with the email or phone number for the reseller (LLC Interactive Technical Solutions ) you mentioned in order to open official support ticket I would be very appreciated for this.

Thanks a lot!

Nikolay

HP Recommended

Hello Nikolai,

It should be:

LLC Interactive Tech Solutions (Inter-Neva)

Russia

+7 812 448 95 31

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Stffen,

Thank you for the information - I've contacted LLC Interactive Tech Solutions. However when I described the issue in ditails and asked them to help me with official support ticket for our bug they replied that we also need special additional service contract to acomplish this. This service contract should look like this:

Partner Premier, One Year, priced per VVX 500/600  4870-01032-160

Could you please confirm from you side that it is impossible to open support ticket without this service contract?

Thank you in advance!

Nikolay

HP Recommended

Hello ,Hello Nikolai,

Your reseller can open a Polycom service ticket if the unit in question is within warranty. As this unit is not you need to either get the Partner Premiere Service or pay per Incident aka PPI.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.