Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Suppress warning light

Occasional Visitor

Suppress warning light

Is there a way to suppress the annoying flashing red triangle without using a provisioning server?  I don't want it to ever show up again if there is a trivial issue with the phone.  

It's an absolutely terrible "feature" to have a flashing red warning light on a phone especially for something trivial like "defeault admin password".  When you have multiple users acessing a phone and they see a red warning light, they are going to get anxious to remove the annoying FLASHING red light.  A phone user doesn't need to know that kind of information.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Suppress warning light

Hello Big Mess,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Apart from using the default admin password being a high security risk we have been asked by our Partner Microsoft to add this information so users are aware and change this to something more secure matching their organisations security policy.

The easiest way for you is to simply change this security risk locally and the message will disappear.

In addition the community's Skype FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication / triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I added a configuration file which you can import.

The relevant parameter is described in detail in the Admin Guide.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2