Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

TRIO 8800 - Exchange connection not working (UC 5.4.4.7609)

Occasional Visitor

TRIO 8800 - Exchange connection not working (UC 5.4.4.7609)

Hello community,

beside Exchange autodiscover does not work with our TRIOs I'm wondering why they cannot connect to our on-premises Exchange. I would like to focus on the connection issue first, because it is working with Exchange online. Does anybody has an idea what could be the reason for this? Error message from the log is pasted below. I also updated to the latest UC version: UC 5.4.4.7609

Thanks in advance

Tobi

CSoapTransaction error = Error downloading https://aaa.bbb.ccc/EWS/Exchange.asmx - server replied: Internal Server Error (401)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: TRIO 8800 - Exchange connection not working (UC 5.4.4.7609)

Hello Tobias,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There have been a couple of post's in the last few weeks. One is => here <= which you should check against. As the Trio is quite new it should be in warranty so you can also open a ticket with your Reseller.

Failing this please post your MAC address so I can lookup who your first level support is so we can get this into Polycom support.

I suggest you do the following logging:

• Settings > Logging > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Exchange Client to Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Presentation Event 1

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Tobias, is the issue with the calendar on the device?

If you go into Status - Calendar, and click "Disconnect", and then go back into the calendar and choose "Connect", does it work? 

I also can't get the autodiscover to work, and the calendar also doesn't work when setting the EWS URL until I do the above procedure.

Message 3 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello philliplyle,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you raise this as a support ticket as suggested => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Yes.  Ticket #1-5057607536.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Just checking on my post and caught this one, and thought I would try and help out :-)

The 401 response error means unauthrosied, the device will use NTLM Auth.
You will need to send the Windows Crednetials from the device to Exchange, it uses NTLM Challenge to authenticate the creds..

For exmaple if you use Pin Auth, then Exchange Web Services cannout authenticate Pin Auth, as it does not perform TLS-DSK Authentication like SfB/Lync Services...

It may be worthwhile checking any customised Authentication Settings on the IIS Site for EWS ?

For exmaple:
1. Open iis and select the website that is causing the 401
2. Open the “Authentication” property under the “IIS” header
3. Click the “Windows Authentication” item and click “Providers”
4. Move NTLM at top

Apologies if the above has already been covered, but just in case it hasn't...

Message 6 of 6