Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

TRIO 8800 - Muting after use unmutes

Frequent Advisor

TRIO 8800 - Muting after use unmutes

We heard reports of users joining Skype meetings from a TRIO and for the first 20 minutes or so of the call, the TRIO would mute itself about a minute after being unmuted.  2 different TRIOs, 1 joined via 1 touch using TRIO calendar, one joined by Skype call back.

I noticed in the logs:

[SoMediaSessC]: Call (0x363c418) - State (SoMediaSessStateConnected) - Event (SoCoreAudioEvLclAppMuteCmnd)
0805100144|so |3|14719|SoCoreAudioC::muteChange: mute mismatch. Attempting to toggle the local mute status 0 when using system mute
0805100144|so |2|14719|SoCoreAudioC::indCtrl: Indicator control ignored due to Mute enabled.
0805100144|pps |3|14719|[PpsHybridC]: mediaSess2PpsCallMute NetCall(0x41427940) UsrCall(0x363c418) Mute(True)

Anyone run into this or have ideas?  We havent touched our TRIO code or config, so I'm assuming this is connected with work we are doing on the Skype side.

TRIO SW:

5.5.3.3517 (Yes it's older but stable)

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: TRIO 8800 - Muting after use unmutes

Hello @Sean.Stanley66 ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so I moved this here.

Please get this into support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 8
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Steffen.

Ticket opened and I will report back with the findings to hopefully help other users that may come across this issue.

Sean

Message 3 of 8

Hello @Sean.Stanley66 

Please ensure to always post the Poly Ticket reference so we can work with our support colleagues around the globe.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Steffen.

Ticket # - 1-13078668851

Message 5 of 8

Same issue here. We have 4 Trio 8800's deployed, two of them are experiencing the same symptoms as described above, the other two are not. We use all of them as Zoom Rooms controllers with the new V-USB feature. All poly's are updated to the latest available software version 5.9.0.11421. Issue has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks and only on two of the four.

Message 6 of 8
Frequent Advisor

Polycom support reviewed the log entries I pasted in this forum and they RMA'd my TRIOs without many questions asked.

It sounds like there is an internal memo - support sees these certain log entries and they issue an RMA.  Support said it is most likely hardware related.

Message 7 of 8

Hi all,

we are investigating this at present. It only affects Trio 8800.

Once we figured out the root cause we can publish here.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 8 of 8