Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We heard reports of users joining Skype meetings from a TRIO and for the first 20 minutes or so of the call, the TRIO would mute itself about a minute after being unmuted.  2 different TRIOs, 1 joined via 1 touch using TRIO calendar, one joined by Skype call back.

I noticed in the logs:

[SoMediaSessC]: Call (0x363c418) - State (SoMediaSessStateConnected) - Event (SoCoreAudioEvLclAppMuteCmnd)
0805100144|so |3|14719|SoCoreAudioC::muteChange: mute mismatch. Attempting to toggle the local mute status 0 when using system mute
0805100144|so |2|14719|SoCoreAudioC::indCtrl: Indicator control ignored due to Mute enabled.
0805100144|pps |3|14719|[PpsHybridC]: mediaSess2PpsCallMute NetCall(0x41427940) UsrCall(0x363c418) Mute(True)

Anyone run into this or have ideas?  We havent touched our TRIO code or config, so I'm assuming this is connected with work we are doing on the Skype side.

TRIO SW:

5.5.3.3517 (Yes it's older but stable)

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so I moved this here.

Please get this into support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen.

Ticket opened and I will report back with the findings to hopefully help other users that may come across this issue.

Sean

HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 

Please ensure to always post the Poly Ticket reference so we can work with our support colleagues around the globe.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen.

Ticket # - 1-13078668851

HP Recommended

Same issue here. We have 4 Trio 8800's deployed, two of them are experiencing the same symptoms as described above, the other two are not. We use all of them as Zoom Rooms controllers with the new V-USB feature. All poly's are updated to the latest available software version 5.9.0.11421. Issue has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks and only on two of the four.

HP Recommended

Polycom support reviewed the log entries I pasted in this forum and they RMA'd my TRIOs without many questions asked.

It sounds like there is an internal memo - support sees these certain log entries and they issue an RMA.  Support said it is most likely hardware related.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

we are investigating this at present. It only affects Trio 8800.

Once we figured out the root cause we can publish here.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Any updates to the cause/solution?

HP Recommended

Hello @RPAYLIAN ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I suggest you contact Poly support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.